Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
I was just looking on the UK Logitech site at the G27 and GT wheels. They have them listed as £329 and £119, respectively. I just checked your links to the US site, and they're $300 and $150!!

So, due to the G27 being about £80 more than it should be, I reckon I'll go for the Driving Force GT. I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine for my needs.

Ta very much

:apple:

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
As far as brand loyalty goes I think it is stupid... Now I'm not saying that a brand can't earn your trust in a certain product area, but you should look around at least a bit before major purchases to make sure you're making the right choice.

What if apple started going backwards and decided to make all their computers with single core processors from years ago, or sony decided to only let one developer make games for their console? Obviously these are extremely unlikely cases but I sure as hell hope you wouldn't stick with them if they went down stupid paths like this just because of brand loyalty.

Mattjeff

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2008
For me it was easy, PS3 was $299 with a game and a controller (xbox $249 w/ controller), had free online play, bluRay player and seemed more of a quality build. I have owned both and the 360 just didn't do it for me.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
For me it was easy, PS3 was $299 with a game and a controller (xbox $249 w/ controller), had free online play, bluRay player and seemed more of a quality build. I have owned both and the 360 just didn't do it for me.

2 year old thread ;). People long since stop caring :p

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Hiii old thread

I chose a PS3 because I liked my Playstation 2, wanted Blu-Ray, and because of the free online features.

[rant]Paying to use online services for a console you paid for to get all of its features and then on top of that having to buy the online pass for some games you buy just screams ripoff to me. I know it's not very expensive but the obvious money grabbing annoys me enough to not buy an Xbox product or anything that require an online pass.[/rant]

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
this thread is sooooo old ;-)

that he question surely will be who will go for an orbis or a durango at this stage!!

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
(old thread indeed - it's the games, not the system).

Ten years agoish I would have picked a console based on the games available but today all the games I play are available on almost all of the consoles so, for me, it comes down to what I like about the console itself.

And the N64 is by far my favorite console :p

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
Ten years agoish I would have picked a console based on the games available but today all the games I play are available on almost all of the consoles so, for me, it comes down to what I like about the console itself.

For me that has been PC, as the prices drop rapidly after release. If it comes out for 2 or 3 systems, its best to generally get it for PC, 360 and last PS3.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I have both consoles but for gaming the 360 is just better in every way for me, the best thing about the 360 is the controller, the PS3 one is WAY to small for my hands. Also PSN is no match for Xbox live, not even close lol. The PS3 has been relegated as my media server/ blueray player which it does extremely well teamed with ps3mediaserver.

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Been a PS user since PSX, long before I switched to Mac. I did use the 360 for a year and half or so till i burned through 3 of them.

I find PS has more RPGs...and Metal Gear.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
As a apple user I like to think apple and nintendo are very similar in innovation. Although I own a playstation 3 and will be getting a ps4. I also own a nintendo wii u and prefer nintendos philosophy more than sonys which like apple takes caution before exploring the dark waters like 4k, cloud gaming etc. I also like the games more like zelda more than final fantasy, mario kart more than formula one, but than I like grand theft auto, gran turismo, ridge racer, kill zone etc.

Last edited:

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I have personally always loved Playstation and Nintendo, My first console was the N64 when I was 7, shortly followed by the Playstation. When the Xbox came to the market I had zero interest in it, still pretty much how I feel today. All my friends are PS users and have been since we were all kids.
The PS2 is what made me a Playstation 'fanboy' I suppose (I still love Ninty though).

I think the only correlation between Mac and PS users could be the anti-microsoft stance, which I don't personally buy into. It's just that I have already developed brand preferences.

Plus, PS exclusives kick Xbox exclusives backsides, for me anyway.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
the xbox 360 is better in my opinion. I understand it's made by M$ but their xbox live service is far superior to PSN. Also, I like playing halo and other exclusives for xbox. PS3 doesn't have many exclusives worth playing besides metal gear solid.

opinioncircle

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
This is a good point, because most of the Mac owners/gamers I met have a PS3.

Turns out that I bought the system as well and found out to be quite bored of it.
Then I surprised my wife with the Kinect and had tons of funs with family & friends on it (my mother kicked my arse on the boxing game :)....

As for now, I'm a tad sad, because Microsoft definitely does not make it easy to stick on its system: full of ads in the dashboard, apps unusable if you do not go for the online paying Xbox Live, controller with batteries that seem rather old compared to the PS3 controllers.

Awaiting the word on next gen and what they can bring to the table :)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
360 all the way all day everyday. It destroys Sonys online efforts, that's why they made such a big thing about it at the PS4 launch. The controller is much better and the 360 hardware is much better, I am talking about the newest redesigned 360. My PS3 slim power supply has broken and is a known fault yet my 369 hasn't had anything go wrong.
I also get to enjoy wireless N built in the 360 which IMO was an unacceptable compromise for Sony to never put in the PS3! Does the latest model have it?

Anyway I put my PS3 in a cupboard recently where it will stay, it does work but turns itself off after about 30 mins of gameplay and I will now only stick with Microsoft but most importantly MS have all the games I want.

Sony tend to over promise and under deliver, I have a Vita and whilst I love the thing, I am still waiting for those killer games but at least Soul Sacrifice is out soon.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
360 all the way all day everyday. It destroys Sonys online efforts, that's why they made such a big thing about it at the PS4 launch. The controller is much better and the 360 hardware is much better, I am talking about the newest redesigned 360. My PS3 slim power supply has broken and is a known fault yet my 369 hasn't had anything go wrong.
I also get to enjoy wireless N built in the 360 which IMO was an unacceptable compromise for Sony to never put in the PS3! Does the latest model have it?

Anyway I put my PS3 in a cupboard recently where it will stay, it does work but turns itself off after about 30 mins of gameplay and I will now only stick with Microsoft but most importantly MS have all the games I want.

Sony tend to over promise and under deliver, I have a Vita and whilst I love the thing, I am still waiting for those killer games but at least Soul Sacrifice is out soon.

That's interesting. I find it the other way around. I pay for Xbox Live Gold (got a discount for 12 months, thought I'd dive in), but I haven't found anything to keep me subscribed. Whereas with PS+ I'll be a member until I give up on gaming. It's the little things for me - the auto updates, the auto-cloud storage (I don't like how on my Xbox I have to select which storage device - inc cloud - I want to use each time the game boots). And the big thing being "free" games for the life of my subscription.

And not like I'd ever hit them but the 2gb storage seems a lot more roomy than the 512mb MS give.
From my POV Sony's online features rank higher, and in the games that I play online (SSFIV, Call of Duty) I've never felt was any different to playing on my Xbox.

Out of honest curiosity what is the benefit of Xbox Live Gold? Is it cross-game chat and invites? I know the Vita does those.

(My Xbox 360 doesn't have wifi built-in, let alone N-band! I had to buy an additional adapter)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Yeah I know, I mean I had 3 of the first gen white 360's, 2 broke and the third was playing up after a few months so traded it in for the fatboy 40GB PS3, I then mistakingly traded this in for the PS3 slim as I had some vouchers and wanted a bigger hard drive so 'thought' it was a no brainer, roll on to the beginning of last year having collected a lot of PS3 games but not played many of them :rolleyes: I got the redesigned 360 and just found myself remembering why I chose the 360 in the first place, I just really prefer the whole Xbox system, and I brought AND played games on it!
I don't mind paying for XBL as I find it superior and worth the money.

I just also find it funny how Sony have removed features and the luxury aspect of the PS3 original to the slim like removing the touch controls and microsoft has added these things, like touch controls and WiFi N. And the newer 360 is quieter then the PS3 slim?? haha

But that was this gen, I'm still dead set on Microsoft for the next gen, even though their isn't much news around about the console, but you can see them already highlighting improvements in their current gen weaknesses like Sony's online, and MS rumours about media capabilities because it is slow opening Netflix or Sky etc.
But one thing is a shame and that is no easy backwards compatibility if they both go AMD which i think they are, then again they should BOTH get the same games bar the exclusives.

In the meantime I'm playing the rather awesome Bioshock Infinite on my 360 :D but I cannot WAIT to get my hand on that Watch Dogs!!!

Benefits of XBL to me are the interface and the way it is fully integrated into the dash as opposed to a separate app, it runs smoother, the social features are better, MS understand game demos are important, it is more secure to an extent.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.