Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renzatic

Suspended
It seems that Amazon and Apple don't need to be worried, but artists should be scared.

Only true if Spotify completely replaces iTunes downloads, which doesn't look to be anywhere close to happening at this point in time.

You could say Spotify is a nice way for artists to supplement their income. Great for introducing your work, or getting cash from people who otherwise wouldn't buy any of your material. If I were a musician, I wouldn't want to rely solely on Spotify to make my living, but I wouldn't exactly bash it either.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I bought a few $.99 songs on iTunes last night and I just never think about Amazon. I never have in all these years except once recently. It's just ridiculously too easy to buy on iTunes and have it on my iPhone to listen in less then 10 seconds without even syncing the phone.

Only once recently did I think to check Amazon for a song. I was interested in a song that is album only on iTunes. The same song is album only on Amazon. Guess I won't ever own the song.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I bought a few $.99 songs on iTunes last night and I just never think about Amazon. I never have in all these years except once recently. It's just ridiculously too easy to buy on iTunes and have it on my iPhone to listen in less then 10 seconds without even syncing the phone.

That's not exactly Amazon's fault now is it ? Apple is good at locking you into their stuff and not allowing you the choice of vendors for your media in a convenient fashion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.