Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
(Hopefully the answer will be: get an Airport Extreme)

So I frequently watch Netflix and it frequently cuts out on me in that the video/movie freezes, the spinner comes up and basically I have to get out of it and into the settings.

Network, Forget XYZ, login to XYZ, restart movie ............ repeat after a while.

It's a Netgear router, WNR1000v2.

The issue happens primarily with Netflix but has also happened with youtube and even home sharing.

So hopefully its just a router change that will resolve this and not some odd IP issue with Netflix.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Ive been having the same issue for the last few days, three or four times per film I'll get the spinner. Sometimes the movie will start playing again, but with only the sound and no picture. More often than not I have to restart the ATV though

danpass

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
Well yesterday, after the spinner, forget network, log back on to network ......... I'd had it with the thing lol.

I had bought a bluetooth keyboard to try out with the ipad mini, but no joy on that, so back to Apple to do an exchange for an Airport Extreme.

Working great since utilizing the Extreme.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.