Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
What other apps do they have? I don't really use navigation much on any of my phones so it doesn't matter that much to me.
Drive and Music are the big ones, but then they also bring in games and apps and keep them exclusive for a while. I honestly havent looked too much, but I know Im REALLY waiting for Drive or hopefully Waze makes an app for WP (Wheres the app for the company that made a $25M investment in you?). Nokia said a while back they were open to making i available to all WP.

Last edited:

beyondthepale35

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
I'll take the bulk in exchange for Nokia durability. I've dropped this thing face first on tile and didn't even get a scratch on it, can't say the same for the two friends who dropped their iPhone 4s's once and shattered them.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
I would've bought the 920 over the 8X if they had it on Verizon. That low light camera is pretty impressive. Drive is probably the best GPS app out there.

I like how Nokia is going all in on WP8 and it's starting to pay off for them. In some areas they're pushing the ecosystem harder than MS, like the exclusive XBox games I can't get on my 8X.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
I bought the Lumia 822 on Verizon and I really like the support Nokia provides for its phones. I am continually getting updates for system apps on my phone. Nokia phones aren't perfect, but I have been impressed with the way they stand behind their phones.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I tried a 920 when they first came out, but I was just playing with it while I continued to use my iPhone as my main phone. I didn't really get the feel for it since I was only playing around with it. I returned it, and over the past couple months I found myself really missing it, so the other day I went out and picked one up again and made it my main line. I still have the iPhone as a backup, but I am using the 920 all day for the past few days and I love it. I had every intention of picking up a Samsung on Friday, but I'm glad I went back to the 920. For my own needs it's great. Yes it is missing some things, but so is Android and so is iOS, so I know I can't be 100% satisfied right now anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.