Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbwb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Hey guys,
Quick question. I have a new Apple TV sitting here and am debating whether or not to use it. My imac (late 2009) is just old enough where I believe I need Airparrot to make the streaming work. I had hoped to stream online TV shows etc using both and controlling everything via the Apple Remote app. Being my imac is older what options do I have other than getting up and changing the content on the imac in person?

I have no idea about implementing scripts or various other mac stuff.....Im just a simple mac user, mostly windows reallly:)

Thanks!
Brandon

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I sure hope you evaluate it before purchasing. Throw the most demanding stuff that you want to watch at it, first (flash videos and movies as an example). After seeing how well it works, you may not have to worry about how to control it without getting up and going to your iMac.

HipHopTrex

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
Personally, I love it. I know I'm the minority here, but I always recommend it. My only complaint is it makes my CPU pretty hot. I use a mid 09 macbook pro.

Last I checked there was a free 10-15 minutes trial for it, you could try before you buy.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Personally, I love it. I know I'm the minority here, but I always recommend it. My only complaint is it makes my CPU pretty hot. I use a mid 09 macbook pro.

Last I checked there was a free 10-15 minutes trial for it, you could try before you buy.
And you watch at least 720p movies with DD 5.1, flash videos, and use wifi to stream?

bigbwb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for the feedback guys. I may opt to wait on the Apple TV until I can use a newer iMac. It sounds like air parrot is not ideal for this type of setup, bummer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.