Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Finally got the cash together for my Iphone 5, but a little worried now about the rumoured new shipping schedule.

How likely do we reckon the 5s is going to be out in march?

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
I think June at the earliest, October at the latest.

So it's a personal decision: how long do you want to wait? Are you willing to wait (counting January) to 6 to 10 months?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
If one always waited for whats new out around the corner, then one wouldn't actually make a purchase at all.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_plural :) and ta. Yes pretty much my thoughts to. Can't help be a little fearful though.

I was kidding about the "we" and "I" thing. Not so much about the March iPhone thing though, but it looks like you agree.

Also, from my perspective, if I didn't have an iPhone right now, I probably wouldn't wait.

Oh, and what are you talking about when you say "fearful?"

surjavarman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
If one always waited for whats new out around the corner, then one wouldn't actually make a purchase at all.

Yeah that would work if you do that 1 day after the new iphone was released but now we are already in february which means we are entering the 6th month since the iphone 5 was released.

A new update is highly likely going to happen in march. Too many rumors about the 4.8" iphone, a cheaper iphone mini and the iphone 5s

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Yeah that would work if you do that 1 day after the new iphone was released but now we are already in february which means we are entering the 6th month since the iphone 5 was released.

A new update is highly likely going to happen in march. Too many rumors about the 4.8" iphone, a cheaper iphone mini and the iphone 5s

:confused:

Isn't it still January or am I just having that much fun at work?

If my calendar is correct, then today marks the first day of the 5th month since the iPhone 5 was initially released, which actually means nothing since there's no real structured timeline for iPhone releases.

Also, "too many rumors" doesn't mean anything other than "more rumors than there would be if there were less rumors." I mean, remember the whole tapered "iPhone 5" thing?

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
My guess is the next iPhone will be announced in June.

As for the problem the OP has, are you using an upgrade on your phone plan or buying from a third party? If you're planning on using an upgrade, then I'd say to wait. But if you're buying third party, get it now and then sell before the new one so you can use your upgrade on that.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2012
:confused:

Isn't it still January or am I just having that much fun at work?

If my calendar is correct, then today marks the first day of the 5th month since the iPhone 5 was initially released, which actually means nothing since there's no real structured timeline for iPhone releases.

Also, "too many rumors" doesn't mean anything other than "more rumors than there would be if there were less rumors." I mean, remember the whole tapered "iPhone 5" thing?

Well this is Mac rumors :D

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I would think announcement in June at WWDC because of iOS 7 and some really fancy new features ( enter your wishes here..) with being available in store end July or end August. March seems too early; October a bit late. But maybe :apple: surprise is with another change in product cycles.

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I was kidding about the "we" and "I" thing. Not so much about the March iPhone thing though, but it looks like you agree.

Also, from my perspective, if I didn't have an iPhone right now, I probably wouldn't wait.

Oh, and what are you talking about when you say "fearful?"

My bad, my reading of your message was a lot more severe. Fearful because I felt fairly burned by the ipad 4. I've always been on the side of the argument that apple was just adjusting its yearly schedule for the holidays. I would feel a bit miffed if I bought the 5 only for the 5s to come out months later, and the rumor mongering is getting to me....

----------

Just get the 5 and enjoy the phone ;)

Yeah. :) I'm really quite excited!

----------

I think June at the earliest, October at the latest.

So it's a personal decision: how long do you want to wait? Are you willing to wait (counting January) to 6 to 10 months?

Nope! Already waited however many months. The 4 has really done be well but I've been seriously coveting the five! :-D

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
iPhones have high resale value so if you're desperate to get the new phone when it comes out, you should be able to sell and upgrade for not much extra money!

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
My guess is the next iPhone will be announced in June.

As for the problem the OP has, are you using an upgrade on your phone plan or buying from a third party? If you're planning on using an upgrade, then I'd say to wait. But if you're buying third party, get it now and then sell before the new one so you can use your upgrade on that.

Had the four since release on pay as you go, so buying the five outright.

Sod it, I'm going to get it. Awesome. :)

----------

iPhones have high resale value so if you're desperate to get the new phone when it comes out, you should be able to sell and upgrade for not much extra money!

Point. I've manged to sell each ipad I've had for 50 pounds less than the new model. I've always wanted to send a message to the buyer saying "are you crazy?" :D

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Point. I've manged to sell each ipad I've had for 50 pounds less than the new model. I've always wanted to send a message to the buyer saying "are you crazy?" :D

Yeah a lot of people aren't that bothered about having the latest and greatest, and any saving they make on it is good!

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Yeah a lot of people aren't that bothered about having the latest and greatest, and any saving they make on it is good!

I suppose. I'm not generally an upgrade fiend, I'm still using an iPhone 4 but I adore my iPads and have been straight onto the new model as they've come out! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.