Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I live in San Francisco and placed my order on January 11th, and of course it's still processing.

* 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
* 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
* 1TB Fusion Drive
* NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5

* MAGIC TRACKPAD
* Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
* COUNTRY KIT

I have a five year old iMac that has served me well. I've been doing some clean up with the files, and organizing so the last backup will be neat and organized...for the migration to the new system.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
Right, had Apple truly cancelled your order you would have received a email from Apple stating that fact. You are in the clear. :D

I was probably just a little paranoid, cant wait for my machine to arrive. It will be my first iMac :)

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I haven't seen any progress on any of these orders and am surprised. actually haven't seen any go to preparing for a good few days.

I had hoped that things were speeding up it certainly looked like it. Its hard to tell on such a small sample size.

Getting frustrated, and the more I read of display issues the more I am worrying.

I've taken to watching tear downs, unboxings, reviews, anything to give me a fix of 27" iMac

yes, ok I really want it. I am slightly mad, but hey. :-D

Btw anyone not having bought any additional RAM.. Crucial hinted to me this morning that the price may decrease on Friday.

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
I have bokmarked the order status page, and been checking every two-three hours... Although I know that as soon as it is shipped, I will receive an email from apple, still I am checking the status like a imbecile.

grizfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
Ordered January 9th

I ordered on January 9th a stock entry level iMac. I did swap out the wireless keyboard for the USB keyboard (got to have my 10-key). Still processing, estimated delivery date of February 6 - 13 via standard shipping. Here's the details:

Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers Feb 6 - Feb 13 via Standard Shipping
Configuration
  • 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
  • 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
  • NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
  • APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
  • Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
  • COUNTRY KIT

I hope to get lucky and see it a bit early. This will be my new office computer, so I can retire my Windows 7 PC and start leaving my MacBook Pro at home.

Load it up with my web dev software, Parallels and Windows 7 and 8 for testing. Can't wait!

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I ordered on january 21st. My base model 27" iMac should arrive between february 18-26. It's going to be a long wait.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I have bokmarked the order status page, and been checking every two-three hours... Although I know that as soon as it is shipped, I will receive an email from apple, still I am checking the status like a imbecile.

Me too! LOL

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL

You aren't the only one. I check two or three times a day. Even if I've already checked the email account that my Apple ID is registered to for an email from them, so I'm checking the status knowing already that it's not changed. But, I, still, must, check........ Only difference is, I didn't bookmark the page, I go to Apple.com, then I click on "Store", then I hover over "Account", and then click on "View Order History"... Each and every time. Cause I have OCD, and unless I load the page from fresh, there's a chance that it will still display old info or not update as fast. I know that's not the case, but still, OCD is a bitch.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I ordered my iMac on the 5 January and I've received it today.

I got the entry level 27 inch with the Fusion Drive.

This is my first iMac and I'm still finding my way around it yet, but in the short time I've used it, its is a stunning machine, whisper quiet and night and day smoother and faster than my old Windows PC. :)

I ordered the Apple battery charger with my iMac order. When I checked the packaging and packaging for the Apple battery charger there was only 4 batteries (there was supposed to be 6). So I called Apple and told them this. They've agreed to send me out another Apple Battery charger free of charge and with express shipping and I can keep the original one. Apple customer service :D

Last edited:

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
I ordered my iMac on the 5 January and I've received it today.

I got the entry level 27 inch with the Fusion Drive.

This is my first iMac and I'm still finding my way around it yet, but in the short time I've used it, its is a stunning machine, whisper quiet and night and day smoother and faster than my old Windows PC. :)

Just out of curiosity, are you seeing any image retention? I'm kind of worried about seeing it when mine comes. Though I've been messing around on the 27" model in Best Buy, as they finally got there display model in a few days ago (to get my Mac fix), and theirs doesn't show a single sign of image retention. Hopefully Apple worked that out a bit recently.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Just out of curiosity, are you seeing any image retention? I'm kind of worried about seeing it when mine comes. Though I've been messing around on the 27" model in Best Buy, as they finally got there display model in a few days ago (to get my Mac fix), and theirs doesn't show a single sign of image retention. Hopefully Apple worked that out a bit recently.

I dont have a single bit of image retention on mine. To me the screen is perfect, no backlight bleeding, no image retention, no yellowing. I'm over the moon with the clarity, sharpness and colour on mine.

Nismo73

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2013
Ordered Jan. 14th w/ delivery date of Feb. 8th - 15th

i7 / Fusion 1Tb / 8gb / 680 / Trackpad

Ed. discount

Looks like it should prepare for shipping last week of Jan. by looking how others are seeing a 2 - 2.5 week ship out time for the late-Dec / early Jan. orders.

Already got the IKEA desk setup this past weekend! I'm ready! :D

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Ordered Jan. 14th w/ delivery date of Feb. 8th - 15th

i7 / Fusion 1Tb / 8gb / 680 / Trackpad

Ed. discount

see this confuses me even more than I already was. I am a mathematician and this chaotic randomness of Apples 'system' has me scratching my head

i ordered a similar spec machine ( only the GFX is different) 5 days before you, yet my delivery window is only 2 days before yours.

Nismo73

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2013
see this confuses me even more than I already was. I am a mathematician and this chaotic randomness of Apples 'system' has me scratching my head

i ordered a similar spec machine ( only the GFX is different) 5 days before you, yet my delivery window is only 2 days before yours.

I see that you're in the UK from your page 1 post...I'm in NY - not sure how geography plays into their order queue.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I see that you're in the UK from your page 1 post...I'm in NY - not sure how geography plays into their order queue.

i really don't know. ive been studying that spreadsheet trying to find a pattern that is non existent, i think I need more data!

I think its more like the lottery balls going round and they just pick an order to build.
It most certainly is not FCFS A friend bought an identical Imac same date as me and hers is preparing geographical differences between us are negligible.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
I dont have a single bit of image retention on mine. To me the screen is perfect, no backlight bleeding, no image retention, no yellowing. I'm over the moon with the clarity, sharpness and colour on mine.

That is really good to hear. Hopefully they have things straightened out a bit. If mine is perfect I'll be jumping around like a lunatic, happy as hell.

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
I originally ordered the 21.5" on the 10th of January, and it shipped 11th. But the screen was just too small, so I returned it and ordered the 27" on the 16th.
I also have noticed that orders placed after the 5th of January are still processing. Also the 21" is now shipping within 2-3 weeks also. Maybe they are exoeriencing problems?

ag1571

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Figured I'd jump in here

Order mine January 1st. My 24" seems to be heading downhill after many years.

27-inch: 3.2GHz
3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB (two 4GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX with 1GB

Still says processing and available to ship January. I imagine it will ship on the 31st the way things are going.

BTW, I am in northern california. You'd think we'd get them quicker due to our proximity to Cupertino. No such luck.

impatiently waiting.

a.

Jedijuhl

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
Vancouver Canada
Keep the Faith! It IS coming.

Ordered Jan 1 from Apple website
Prepared for Shipping Jan 15
Shipped Jan 17 - Shanghai, Osaka Japan, Anchorage Alaska, Ontario California, Portland Oregon and finally....
Delivered today Jan 22 - Vancouver Canada.
I'm writing this from my new BABY!!....The waiting sucked but believe me more than worth the wait!!!!

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
APPLE BATTERY CHARGER
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT
Ordered through Apple Website

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I originally ordered the 21.5" on the 10th of January, and it shipped 11th. But the screen was just too small, so I returned it and ordered the 27" on the 16th.
I also have noticed that orders placed after the 5th of January are still processing. Also the 21" is now shipping within 2-3 weeks also. Maybe they are exoeriencing problems?

Chinese New Year starts soon, and that is like 2-3 weeks where all work in China stops. But of course not everything is affected. But they may have a skeleton crew which slows down progress. I hope I get my prepared for shipment before Chinese New Year Starts. This year it starts Feb 10, 2013. Not sure if it will affect us or not. Lets hope not.

ImaWizard

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Michigan USA
Chinese New Year starts soon, and that is like 2-3 weeks where all work in China stops. But of course not everything is affected. But they may have a skeleton crew which slows down progress. I hope I get my prepared for shipment before Chinese New Year Starts. This year it starts Feb 10, 2013. Not sure if it will affect us or not. Lets hope not.

OH GOD WHY. The suspense is killing me. Mine is scheduled to arrive right in that New Year period, so if ANYTHING gets a little off, looks like I may be waiting an extra couple weeks.

Sidenote. Due to our usernames I feel like I should be scared of you, WizardHunt.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
OH GOD WHY. The suspense is killing me. Mine is scheduled to arrive right in that New Year period, so if ANYTHING gets a little off, looks like I may be waiting an extra couple weeks.

Sidenote. Due to our usernames I feel like I should be scared of you, WizardHunt.

Well we have to just wait and see, how it goes keep in mind that most units are being prepared for shipment about 2 weeks or 2 1/2 weeks before they go to prepared for shipment so depending on when you ordered yours you may get it shipped before that Feb 10, date.

On your side note: You have nothing to worry about. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.