Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
the title says it all, and yes I know that this a picture thread so don't comment cause I have some many its hard to choose. will post mine later in the thread:D

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm unsure if I have the title right ... but I'll give it a shot.

1st - Steve Jobs & John Mayer at special event for music/itunes/ipod live performance!!
(Today I don't think GarageBand would have been an 'optional installation' on OSX)

2. - Steve Jobs opening for Wynton Marsalis ... Marsalis' performance and how such a stuck-up and unknowing crowd really roared in elation of that whole moment!!

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
definitely the original iphone keynote without a doubt had the biggest impact on the technology world and just an emotional connection for us tech lovers

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This one for sure.
mac_pro_2010_tray.jpg

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Going to an orchard in Michigan with my mother when I was around 10. There was a huge barn filled to the rafters with bushel baskets of apples and the smell was heaven! I'm pretty sure they were Macintosh, too.

At this point in time, neither of the Steves were even born and the nearest computer was in a clean room serviced by IBM suites. White coats, I mean.

Dale

Samuriajackon

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
when Steve first showed the world what Mac OS X was…

YouTube: video

It has always fascinated me how much OS X has matured over the years ;)

When steve revealed that OSX was secretly developed for both PowerPc and Intel Mac's in anticipation for the Intel change over...i dont remember the year...they even showed the Intel Bunny sawing away at a Mac from the 90's commercial

St0rMl0rD

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
Slovenia
From what I've read all the signs point to it being left as a tribute to Steve. Do you have a source for it being Ive's seat?

Jony Ive couldn't be with anyone from Apple at that point because he was hurt too much, so he didn't come to the keynote, since Steve was already on his death bed. As you know, he passed away the next day. Also, this was the same reason Ive didn't attend the Steve Jobs memorial event at Apple Campus.

-J

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Ah, memories, memories...of of huge corporation and it's products.

There are just so many emotional moments. The memories haunt me, especially at night.

I'm getting so emotional now...I don't think I can go on...

The memories...

:rolleyes:;)

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I was waiting in line for the original iPad on launch day. I didn't expect Steve Wozniak would be waiting in line just ahead of me. I also didn't expect getting him to sign my original iPad. Many expectations were broken (in a good way) that day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.