Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Guess I forgot to put the official word in...

I ordered mine Jan 16. Expected delivery of Feb 13-21.

3.4 i7, 8GB RAM, 680MX, 1TB Fusion Drive, Trackpad

Ok then in that case my guess is that yours should go to prepared to ship mode around Feb 4, to about Feb 9th (maybe sooner) which will be before the work slow down due to Chinese New Year. You may have lucked out unless they run into any sort of delay and if that happens then we are all Doomed to wait longer. :rolleyes:

ZenNerd

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Ordered Jan 11
27" I5 3.2
1tb fusion
680mx 2gb
magic trackpad & numeric keyboard

delivery estimate Feb 8-15th
as of Jan23 still in "Processing"

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
The Chinese New Year may slow things down. I'm getting quite concerned about the distinct lack of anyone's orders moving to 'preparing' over the last few days. The last one I could find in the spreadsheet was in the 20th.

End last week things were speeding up. It certainly doesn't look like that now.

Arrow29

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
I ordered mine on January 18th (Western Australian time).

3.2GHz i5, 1tb fusion, GTX 680MX.

Estimated delivery 18th-25th Feb.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
order ....

can't believe I finally came to the stage where I Can order..
but here goes:

Ordered Jan 14
27" I5 2.9
1tb fusion

Miikejs22

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool
I think we are due a flurry of status changes by the end of this week. The calm before the storm.

Desperation is not far away.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I think we are due a flurry of status changes by the end of this week. The calm before the storm.

I hope you are right.

I cannot do my work on the iMac I have and I'm actually turning down lucrative contracts because I don't have the equipment to do it

Old iMac is dead really. It's had an intermittent issue for a while. But it's not now useable for work

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
27 inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad , Magic Mouse and a Super Drive
Apple Wireless Keyboard
AppleCare and 32 GB RAM upgrade to Come.

ordered jan. 16 , 9:55 pm est

Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers Feb 13 - Feb 21 by Standard Shipping

as much as I am anxious to get my iMac , I find myself thinking ! I can wait a little longer ,just get it right ! all these problem threads make me nervous and Im concerned that when I do get it ill be looking for things that I would normally not look for. macrumors ??? change the name to macparanoia !

trjwv

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
kentucky...Go Cats
I have two ordered as follows:
The first is a gift for my mother and after ordering hers I got the fever and sold my late 2009 iMac 27" and ordered for myself the second one listed. I have already ordered 32 GB memory from Crucial for my iMac.

Ordered on January 10
Delivers Feb 7 - Feb 14 via standard shipping

iMac 27"
2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT
Applecare
Apple USB Superdrive (Already received)

Ordered January 9
Delivers Feb 19 - Feb 26 via standard shipping

iMac 27"
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT
Applecare
Apple USB Superdrive (Already shipped)

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway

I hope you are right. Would be cool if it shipped this week, but I am not hoping for any miracle right now.
In the Excel sheet, I can see that most of the people who has registered their orders are from the US. Not many from Scandinavia. I see some from Denmark and Sweden ordered early January, and their iMacs are shipped.

I just deleted my bookmark of the apple order site. Got sick of checking it every hour. Try to do a detox :(

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
I just deleted my bookmark of the apple order site. Got sick of checking it every hour. Try to do a detox :(

I'm trying not to look on the Apple order site, still waiting for my first EVER 27" iMac which i ordered on the 7th of January at about 10am (UK time)

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Ordered Jan 11
27" I5 3.2
1tb fusion
680mx 2gb
magic trackpad & numeric keyboard

delivery estimate Feb 8-15th
as of Jan23 still in "Processing"

Look for yours to go to Prepared for Shipment in about 1 week is my guess.

----------

The Chinese New Year may slow things down. I'm getting quite concerned about the distinct lack of anyone's orders moving to 'preparing' over the last few days. The last one I could find in the spreadsheet was in the 20th.

End last week things were speeding up. It certainly doesn't look like that now.

Maybe we will have a flurry of prepared shipments all at once soon. :D

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
I'm trying not to look on the Apple order site, still waiting for my first EVER 27" iMac which i ordered on the 7th of January at about 10am (UK time)

You are most likely guaranteed a change to Preparing For Shipment status this week, most likely on Friday. That's what happened last week for a guy that placed his order on the 4th. It went to Preparing For Shipment on Friday morning, then later on in the day it went to Shipped. Then it arrived at his house the following Monday. Pretty nice, over-the-weekend shipping. :D

------------------

I really hope we do see a flurry of status changes later this week. And I really hope that mine is included in this flurry. It makes sense that it MIGHT, because when I talked to the Apple rep, he told me they are seeing the 27" iMacs ship about a week or so ahead of schedule for orders placed in January. Not to mention someone with almost identical specs, placed his order on the evening of January 4th, and his went to "Preparing For Shipment" last Friday, went to "Shipped" later on that day, and was delivered to his door step the following Monday (this past Monday). So since I placed my order six days after him, and in the morning, it makes sense that it might go to "Preparing For Shipment" this Thursday or Friday, and hopefully the same delivery routine. When I get the "Shipped" notification, I'm going to check which day it's say to arrive, and on that day I will have a lawn chair, a little table, and a cooler with Pepsi in it on the driveway, and I will be waiting for FedEx starting at 9:00am. (FedEx leaves their center close to my house here at 9am, and the truck that comes by my place finishes his deliveries by 3:00pm, always. Usually FedEx delivers to my house around 11:30am. Unless of course I have something shipped Overnight Priority, which case it will arrive before 10:30am. And now that I'm thinking about it, the iMacs going out just MIGHT be shipping via Overnight Priority, because this other guys was delivered over the weekend, and in the early morning. Well, all I can do is hope..... Hope hope hope hope hope......... DANGIT! :D

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Well my original authorization charge from my bank stayed on my account for 1 week, now it has dropped off. So the next time I see it on my banking statement online which I check daily, will tell me exactly when they will prepare to ship my order. Because they will authorize my account once more just before it goes to Prepared for Shipment. . . So I will be watching daily now. . . but even with this I don't expect to see any movement until at least the end of the month or early beginning of Feb.

I ordered on Jan 15th 2013 at 12:00pm PST USA

27 inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
3TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive (No Fusion Drive)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Mouse
Apple Numbered English Keyboard
AppleCare and 32 GB RAM upgrade to be ordered next week so it arrives about the same time my iMac does.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Did Apple tell you that? And you ordered when? So you expect it a week early which would be what date?

Yes apple told me that last week ( Friday)

Ordered 9/1
Expected 6-13th Feb

But a week early makes it 30/1

27" ..3.4 i7..1TB fusion.. 8Gb RAM... 675mx

UK order through Apple on phone

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Yes apple told me that last week ( Friday)

Ordered 9/1
Expected 6-13th Feb

But a week early makes it 30/1

27" ..3.4 i7..1TB fusion.. 8Gb RAM... 675mx

UK order through Apple on phone

So that tells me (even though no guarantee) that yours may go to prepared for shipping by January 30th or even earlier so that you get it a week earlier instead of Feb 13th you could get it on Feb 6th. I doubt it would come by January 30th or it would be already in prepared for shipping mode based you are in UK. Just my guess.

For me I am hoping to see some prepared shipment status between January 30 at the earliest to Feb 6th at the latest. But I ordered Jan 15th about a week after you, so I will be glad to see your status change as mine will be right behind you. :D

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
So that tells me (even though no guarantee) that yours may go to prepared for shipping by January 30th or even earlier so that you get it a week earlier instead of Feb 13th you could get it on Feb 6th. I doubt it would come by January 30th or it would be already in prepared for shipping mode based you are in UK. Just my guess.

For me I am hoping to see some prepared shipment status between January 30 at the earliest to Feb 6th at the latest. But I ordered Jan 15th about a week after you, so I will be glad to see your status change as mine will be right behind you. :D

No. I was told 'probably' week earlier than the 6th. As I say. It's not guaranteed and I'm not getting my hopes up. I also know someone that ordered after me who's iMac is being shipped.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
You are most likely guaranteed a change to Preparing For Shipment status this week, most likely on Friday. That's what happened last week for a guy that placed his order on the 4th. It went to Preparing For Shipment on Friday morning, then later on in the day it went to Shipped. Then it arrived at his house the following Monday. Pretty nice, over-the-weekend shipping. :D

Hope so :) do they do over-weekend shipping then? I can't wait until it arrives. My first ever iMac and using a Magic Mouse :)

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Hope so :) do they do over-weekend shipping then? I can't wait until it arrives. My first ever iMac and using a Magic Mouse :)

Once you go mac you never go back

You wait til you have a trackpad in one hand and a mouse in the other

I hope well all get them soon

The wait is torturous!

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
No. I was told 'probably' week earlier than the 6th. As I say. It's not guaranteed and I'm not getting my hopes up. I also know someone that ordered after me who's iMac is being shipped.

Wow, then that is good news indeed. Yours may go prepared for shipping any day now. Apple is so hard to figure out their shipping priorities. Good luck on getting yours prepared this week. :)

----------

Yes they deliver on Saturdays. Not sure about other countries but in USA they will deliver on Saturdays if it is shipped via Fed-Ex.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
Yes they deliver on Saturdays. Not sure about other countries but in USA they will deliver on Saturdays if it is shipped via Fed-Ex.

Oh right ok, I'm in the UK tho but I would love it to be delivered on a Saturday because I'm not at university over the weekend.

I'm not sure if dispatch dates have anything to do with the model you order.

Miikejs22

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool
I'm sure I read somewhere they don't deliver on weekends in the UK. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Hardest part os judging delivery in enough time to book a day off work. I will be devastated if I missed delivery.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
Hardest part os judging delivery in enough time to book a day off work. I will be devastated if I missed delivery.

Yea I would as well :-( when I ordered I selected the option for Apple to Txt me when its shipped so hopefully that will help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.