Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applesky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Hi, I just purchased the iPad mini recently. I noticed some problem with the accelerometer. It is not very precise which makes it very difficult to play driving games like Need for Speed. I didn't have such issue with my iPad2. Is this the common problem with iPad mini or my unit is defective? Do you also have this problem with your iPad Mini? I really love this device if not for this problem.

Thanks.

Namtaro

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2011
Mine doesn't have problems with any games/apps using the accelerometer - I play Asphalt 7 and Temple Run on it frequently.

There are settings within games to calibrate the accelerometer as sometimes you may have opened the game on an odd angle. Have you tried turning your iPad Mini off, then on? Try restoring it as a last resort and if that doesn't work, you have a faulty unit. It's not a known wideset problem with the iPad Mini.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hi, I just purchased the iPad mini recently. I noticed some problem with the accelerometer. It is not very precise which makes it very difficult to play driving games like Need for Speed. I didn't have such issue with my iPad2. Is this the common problem with iPad mini or my unit is defective? Do you also have this problem with your iPad Mini? I really love this device if not for this problem.

Thanks.

My mini is spot on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.