Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GetIt

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
But Stick N Find does not have the same features!

You can't use Stick N Find to locate your phone or to know if your phone gone out of range because someone has grab it...

hipKey is a diferente and more complete product ;)
Stick N Find does both of those.
@PNutts:
StickNFind can't find your phone and StickNFind will not alert you if you forget your phone. The alerts happens on your phone and you can only make StickNFind sound when you ping it.

Virtual Leash
This feature allows you to create a virtual Leash on a sticker, if that sticker moves away more than the approximate selected distance from your phone, your phone will Alarm you. http://sticknfind.com/product

StickNFind is a solution to mainly find your stuff (Therefor the name) and not your phone. There is a virtual leash but it alarms only on the phone!

hipKey is a solution to not misplace/forget your iPhone. It also has a Motion detection feature, Find your iPhone and hipKey feature, a Child Mode and not to forget a Safe Zone feature.

I see two very different product with quite different purposes.

----------

Saw this on Shark Tank the other night but they didn't get funded.
It was ZOMM on Shark Tank

GetIt

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
You can just use Find My iPhone from your web browser or another iOS device. Once you get out of that 50m range, hipkey will not help.

----------

Hipkey is also quite large which narrows down the number of applications it can be used as a finder. You wouldn't be attaching this to your remote control for instance. Here is a good reference photo for size.

hipKey will alert you when range is exceeded and before you need to use Find My iPhone.

hipKey is not made to be attached to your remote control. It's a keyfob that can be attached to larger things like bags, bikes, children etc.

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Bill Crosby should be the celebrity used to advertise this:

"Buy this here thing called hippity, boppity, bippity, hoppity do"

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
It's cool and I want to buy but I don't lose my stuff. The remotes on the couch. Keys don't run away. And my iPhone 5 doesn't jump out of my pocket.

Never say never

I thought that and walked off a plane leaving my Laptop behind, i realised within a few minutes but it was very late at night, security wouldn't let me back and no one was on the desk of the airline.
It wasn't pure absent mindedness though as the woman in the seat next to us collapsed and sadly i think she may have had a massive stroke,my sister in law had to move seat so a nurse who was on the flight could help and we had to look after some of her stuff and it was a shambles when we touched down first we were told to remain seated so Ambulance staff could come on the plane,then we were told to get off quickly so they could attend to her when we were all off, delays probably did not help the woman's condition.
I will definitely be purchasing one or both of these products, could put one in the car and if it moves off you would be alerted also put one on/in any valuables for example tools or photo equipment (in the car) and again if its nabbed you would be alerted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.