Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you like to see in the new iPhone

• Bigger Battery

Votes: 51 51.0%
  • Bigger Screen

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Thinner

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
just because it's funny to see people whine about a feature over 99.5% of users would never utilize:p.

The problem here is that one have to start and initiate the demand.
If Apple, Google, Samsung, HTC all together would team up and bring ONE standardized NFC solution into their smartphones able to intact with existing protocols that would open up for new options.
Once these smartphones are in the market the opportunities to use will grow too. It's a bit a chicken-and-egg problem ...
I would think that 99.2% of user also don't use Passbook; though its a feature available and that's fine. Keep it there until the markets adopt to it.

----------

i charge mine when i'm sleeping so no benefit

That's very much the same as many will do. I have to plug in an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch ... That's three power plugs and three cable. Getting rid of that would increase the usability; the pure comfort.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Capacitive Home Button. I know it's not an extreme request, but the home button is always the first thing to break. Could also potentially open up space on the phone for other upgrades.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
5S? Hmmm, I wouldn't really expect much beyond Myspace integration. (yeah, that was a joke :().

Personally, I'm not interested in what it has if the past OS's are any indication. The 5S, though, should be a more redefined product, maybe better materials that aren't so 'delicate'. They've kind of hit a wall with it though.

Come on, 4.8"!

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Working on the basis that an update for the 5s would be hardware based rather than changes to iOS (which would apply to the 5 and possibly 4s too), I'll go for a notification light under the home button

How about making the square inside the home button light up?

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
This is great. I want one thing. It's all I need, this ONE simple thing..

I want Siri to make me coffee in the morning.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Return the prototype you found in the cafe last time you went. What LED notification your iPhone have ? (And please don't say: notification center :p)

Most people don't know this but there's LED notification under General->Accessibility called LED Flash for Alerts. LED is the camera flash on the back. When you get a phone call the light will flash for hearing impaired people.
I called it useless since it only works for phone calls nothing else.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Return the prototype you found in the cafe last time you went. What LED notification your iPhone have ? (And please don't say: notification center :p)

I'm certain they mean the LED flash being used for notification.

My sister-in-law uses that and god I couldn't imagine relying on that light for notifications.

keitarou

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
iPhone with unlimited battery that never needs charging. How about using CO2 to charge the phone if the first one isn't possible. Wireless charging using CO2. Help the environment as well. :D

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Most people don't know this but there's LED notification under General->Accessibility called LED Flash for Alerts. LED is the camera flash on the back. When you get a phone call the light will flash for hearing impaired people.
I called it useless since it only works for phone calls nothing else.

Opps, one new thing learned today for me. Thanks. :)
Somehow this menu is not often visited hence those functionality get lost.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
What about the apple logo being your notification light? Just how the apple logo on the laptops light up.

Bigger screen.

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
One thing that would be important for me is durability.

My iPhone 4 had a bad home button twice. So does everyone else I know.
With the iPhone 4 and 4S it's ALMOST a "drop it and it's shattered" deal. Bumpers mitigate this, but I want my iPhone naked! It's beautiful! I don't want to deform it so it won't break if a mishap happens.

With the iPhone 5, the screen seems to be better, but on the other hand you have the aluminium that gets bent and dented (pretty badly depending on where you drop it) easily.

So: hardware durability. WAY higher tolerance for drops and bangs :)

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
NFC.

With the ability to use it for flight boarding passes/public transport tickets/credit cards. Basicly replace your whole wallet. That would be very cool.

The infrastructure to support NFC from iPhones already exists where I live, including on all public transport.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I don't own the iPhone 5, but I thought the battery was supposed to be better than the 4S?

It's much better than the 4S. Slightly better than the 4 from my experience.

On the topic title, I'd probably just add the LED notification light. NFC is mostly useless at the moment as is wireless charging. Seem more like features just to check off on the list rather than actually being major reasons for people to buy the next iPhone.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I hope Apple DOESN'T put in NFC... just because it's funny to see people whine about a feature over 99.5% of users would never utilize:p.

Lol. So true. I love the phandroids bragging about NFC and how they can't wait to have a reason to use it someday. I know, wireless file transfer...but there are already so many ways to do that without NFC I don't really count it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.