Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quaresma

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2013
iOS 6.1 Beta 4: New Features & Improvements (fixes) Thread

Cook just mentioned that it will be released next week: "Next week, we’re adding 36 more carriers for LTE support. These carriers will be in countries currently not supporting LTE. Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Philippines… over 300 million subscribers."

I live in Denmark and 6.1 betas brought with it the opportunity to use LTE

EDIT: Stupidboy1000 beat me:)

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Cook just mentioned that it will be released next week: "Next week, we’re adding 36 more carriers for LTE support. These carriers will be in countries currently not supporting LTE. Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Philippines… over 300 million subscribers."

I live in Denmark and 6.1 betas brought with it the opportunity to use LTE

EDIT: Stupidboy1000 beat me:)

So developers will get the GM sometime this week (possibly today) and a public release next week?

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Looks like we MAY be getting 6.1 next week.

iOS 6.1 is required for using LTE in certain countries i.e. Denmark. Tim Cook has just mentioned in the conference call that they are supporting LTE in these countries as of next week. Therefore it is likely to assume we will see iOS 6.1 or another variant of iOS next week to support this.

So, say it gets released Monday around the typical time... Does the beta expire @ 12:00 AM on Tuesday?

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
So developers will get the GM sometime this week (possibly today) and a public release next week?

With the length of time that has passed between the beta 4 and the possible release next week, I assume Apple has been rigourusly testing it internally so they don't have to release a GM build (whatever their reasoning).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but am I right in saying iOS 5.1 was released at the iPad event last March without a GM build?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
With the length of time that has passed between the beta 4 and the possible release next week, I assume Apple has been rigourusly testing it internally so they don't have to release a GM build (whatever their reasoning).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but am I right in saying iOS 5.1 was released at the iPad event last March without a GM build?

I don't know. With Beta 4 expiring on Monday, it would make sense for them to release a GM build before then. The pubic release could be late next week.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Based on information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_SDK#SDK_release_history it seems like neither iOS 5.1, 4.1, 3.1 (and none of the 2.X releases) had GM builds (that were released).

Jmicha3l

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
This question has probably been answered, but is there any battery improvements with Beta 4?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.