Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
After you unlock, if the different sim doesn't work, take it out and out it back in. I just sold my 4 to a guy and when he first put in the sim, it didn't "take." He was just getting ready to accuse me of lying when I advised him to take it out and pop it back in. It worked.

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
When it's locked it will say invalid SIM. When it says no SIM you either inserted it or cut it wrong.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
My completed purchase listing was deleted by ebay and I was invited to submit a case against the seller.

Something is going on and the fact that the fusion folks are not responding is also strange considering they auction tout a quick response to questions.

I sent them a question on Monday at 8:00am, got a personal response back at 10:30am the same morning. Was asking if I returned my current phone and bought a new one, could he move my previously purchased unlock from the one to the other. He said they couldn't, but was nice about it (and that was the answer I was expecting, so I wasn't upset).

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Ok so it looks like its fixed. I have been using the http://www.dev.mk to check the unlock status and its been unlocked when I have checked it. Checked after reset and it said locked. I have a active data only sim for tmobile that I cut down to nano size and when I put it in I just said no sim. Got worried so I contacted unlock fusion but have not heard back. I just put my tmobile sim back in and it worked. I got the tmobile network logo and 3g (guess I'm in a refarmed area) and the data worked and I got some text messages from tmobile so it looks like it OK now. I did some other research and it looks like that status page might have been sold and the new owners are saying the phone is locked even when its unlocked so you will buy their unlock code. I guess I stay away from that site from now on.

What instigated this post in the first place? Was it strictly based on the status you found on dev.mk?? I really hope not because we've known for a while that it's unreliable and we've posted that on here serveral times.

----------

My completed purchase listing was deleted by ebay and I was invited to submit a case against the seller.

Something is going on and the fact that the fusion folks are not responding is also strange considering they auction tout a quick response to questions.

Mine wasn't deleted, in fact I just left my positive feedback. Nothing is going on.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Do u guys realize how many unlocks they do each day? He has over 70,000 feedback!!! IT WORKS! if they spent time answering emails for people that can't follow simple instructions especially when there's tons of help here... He would be out of business because they wouldn't be able To get the unlocks done. I purchased the unlock a little over a week ago... Did the restore twice b4 I got The congrats message on iTunes. Went To a tmobile store asked for a nano SIM card the rep put it in my phone and it said no service. I told him try again and still no service. I told him I got the lock off eBay he said I probably got ripped off lol. I asked for the nano came in here READ several post and realizes he didn't turn on wifi .. Plywd with it a few times then got the tmobile signal. Point is READ B4 you react! You need to delete this post ... Unlock fusion IS LEGIT and provides great service ... And I don't know him but I'm happy cuz my AT&T contract will be cancelled tomorrow... Hello tmobile

What I realize is that you just joined and sound like a shill. No one here is complaining about the lack of response to sales related messages Its the other messages that they ignore.

My listing was DELETED by ebay and I was invited to open a case. Thats odd and should receive a response from them....

Decobs

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Unlockfusion took my money and never gave any unlock code

After seeing them on eBay and so may great feedbacks, I went direct to their website and paid for an unlock.

After payment I received an automated email message that they could not process my order unless I sent them "a copy of my government issued ID."

That was a red alarm for ID theft for me. I would never send a copy of my Id through email and why would they even need it. I contacted PayPal and requested a charge back.

Then I get a personal email from UnlockFusion asking, "Hey why did you request a charge back?" When I explained, they apologized and said it was a mistake, but if I reversed the charge back they would go ahead and unlock my phone. Ok, I figured I'd give them a shot at an unlock if they don't want my personal ID info.

Well three weeks later now and not one answer to my countless emails. They took my money and never gave me my unlock code.

I am now in discussion with PayPal to investigate and I am pretty sure the service rep I am speaking with will re-start my charge back request since I have been with them for so many years. But this is an exception, normally PayPal does not re-start cancelled charge backs.

Buyer beware. I hope this helps someone else from loosing their time and money.

thinkdiesel

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
After seeing them on eBay and so may great feedbacks, I went direct to their website and paid for an unlock.

After payment I received an automated email message that they could not process my order unless I sent them "a copy of my government issued ID."

That was a red alarm for ID theft for me. I would never send a copy of my Id through email and why would they even need it. I contacted PayPal and requested a charge back.

Then I get a personal email from UnlockFusion asking, "Hey why did you request a charge back?" When I explained, they apologized and said it was a mistake, but if I reversed the charge back they would go ahead and unlock my phone. Ok, I figured I'd give them a shot at an unlock if they don't want my personal ID info.

Well three weeks later now and not one answer to my countless emails. They took my money and never gave me my unlock code.

I am now in discussion with PayPal to investigate and I am pretty sure the service rep I am speaking with will re-start my charge back request since I have been with them for so many years. But this is an exception, normally PayPal does not re-start cancelled charge backs.

COMPLETE BS, nice try...cool story

Unlock fusion works flawless

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

I call bs on that. Why would they ask you for a copy of your id?
I did many unlocks and so did many thousands of others with no issues.
Why would they only rip you off and over what? $2 or $3
Sure cause that's totally worth it to a seller with over 130,000 satisfied customers:rolleyes:

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Almost 6 months later and still no VERIFIED case of a dirty eBay unlock being reversed....

Get it now before the window closes. They are cracking down from what I've heard, and are requiring a bit more information than just the IMEI like they used to (I have no idea if that's why, but I only have one contact in the unlocking world and none on the corporate side of things).

There is absolutely NO reason not to get your phone unlocked for a few bucks. Worst case scenario you lose a few bucks. Best case they slam the window shut and suddenly an IMEI unlocked phone is worth a hundred (if not more) $$$.

Nothing to lose, tons to gain, and they aren't re-locking, no matter how badly the crowd that is scared of doing them (for no reason) wants them to so they can say they told us so lol...

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012

Where?

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC

I used unlock fusion and my iPhone 5 is still unlocked. I call BS!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
The poster above instead of going through the real unlock fusion via ebay he found someone elses website probably.
UF's website is called swift unlocks, not the one you will find by googling his name. That's an imposter.

ammarkr

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
Question about Unlock Fusion restore procedure

Hi, I have a question about using Unlock Fusion. I think it would actually be more pertinent to post in this thread (Unlock Fusion Help!!), but that's been idle since Oct 2012, so I'm posting on this more active one instead. Please let me know if it should be moved.

I have an AT&T-locked iPhone 4S which someone gifted to me, which I'm going to get unlocked through Unlock Fusion. The problem is that I want to keep it on its current firmware version (5.1.1) so that I can keep it jailbroken.

So my question is, does the restore process through iTunes (after receiving the email from Unlock Fusion) refer to full restore, which automatically upgrades your firmware to the latest version, or to backup/restore, which keeps your existing firmware? If its the first case, then obviously that will mean that I'll lose my jailbreak, so I'm really hoping its the second. Can anyone whose carried out this process please let me know?

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Dev.mk is showing my Factory Unlocked iPhone 5 as "Locked" lol....I have run it on AT&T, Virgin Mobile Canada and Fido Canada so far since purchased brand new on September 30th 2012

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
So I got mine unlocked through unlock_fusion and got the "Congratulations..." message, but I popped in a T-mobile SIM and it says no service.

Hmmm... I'll have to investigate more tomorrow, but this certainly sucks.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
So I got mine unlocked through unlock_fusion and got the "Congratulations..." message, but I popped in a T-mobile SIM and it says no service.

Hmmm... I'll have to investigate more tomorrow, but this certainly sucks.

You might need to reboot the phone once or twice. Whe I unlocked through them, I got the congrats message after a restore, and then NO sim would give me service (not even AT&T). But a hard reboot fixed it.

ammarkr

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
Umm, so for the couple of people who've replied recently about using Unlock Fusion, could you help me out by replying to the question I'd asked earlier:

I have an AT&T-locked iPhone 4S which someone gifted to me, which I'm going to get unlocked through Unlock Fusion. The problem is that I want to keep it on its current firmware version (5.1.1) so that I can keep it jailbroken.

So my question is, does the restore process through iTunes (after receiving the email from Unlock Fusion) refer to full restore, which automatically upgrades your firmware to the latest version, or to backup/restore, which keeps your existing firmware? If its the first case, then obviously that will mean that I'll lose my jailbreak, so I'm really hoping its the second. Can anyone whose carried out this process please let me know?

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Umm, so for the couple of people who've replied recently about using Unlock Fusion, could you help me out by replying to the question I'd asked earlier:

Try putting in a foreign SIM. I have unlocked iPhones in the past without doing a restore and they have worked with other SIM cards.

ammarkr

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
Try putting in a foreign SIM. I have unlocked iPhones in the past without doing a restore and they have worked with other SIM cards.

Well I'll definitely be putting in a foreign SIM (I live outside the US), but I'll obviously have to connect the iPhone to iTunes first, and that is where I want to know about the restore type.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Well I'll definitely be putting in a foreign SIM (I live outside the US), but I'll obviously have to connect the iPhone to iTunes first, and that is where I want to know about the restore type.

If you restore you will not be able to keep 5.1.1, unless the SHSH blobs are saved for the phone in question. You will have to install 6.0.1 as Apple isn't signing 5.1.1 anymore. This a separate issue as opposed to the IMEI unlock. The IMEI unlock should work without having to restore the phone.

hlkc

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I have my iP5 unlocked from Unlock Fusion last Oct. I went to few foreign countries during Christmas and use their local nano-sim with my iP5. It works absolutely perfect and I even hotspot the data with my friends over there. When I return here in US, I just stick the ATT nano-sim back and works again. Since then I just paid less then $2 and have my 2 family iPhones unlocked.

Sceptre

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2013
I call bs on that. Why would they ask you for a copy of your id?
I did many unlocks and so did many thousands of others with no issues.
Why would they only rip you off and over what? $2 or $3
Sure cause that's totally worth it to a seller with over 130,000 satisfied customers:rolleyes:

I have had nothing but PROBLEMS with this guy and I'm getting peed off!
(galaxy note 3)

I went to unlock fusion.net on Wednesday morning, clicked on Samsung USA then entered my imei number when prompted. They said $19.99 (1-24h) service. I had to go out to the store and buy a prepaid giftcard for $20 (plus 4.95 charge) because for some reason my bank issued Visa would not work. Immediately got the ordered received e-mail :)
No code Wednesday
No code Thursday (sent an e-mail asking "where's the code"
No reply till Yesterday/Friday, he's says it's "typically" 1-3 business days.
What I said!?, copy/pasted the (1-24h) link to him, and he replies with a link that says 1-3 days, and it also said they don't do Note 3.

What !!!! ???? what the heck, I'm not a dummy, would have never ordered the code if it said "no note 3". Then he says to me that for $30 usd, he will give me the 1-5h service, (he asked to credit my $19.00 and recharge it for $30).

Our e-mail conversation was back, to back, to back for a little while, no more than 10min lag time.

I told him it was a $20 GC and he couldn't re-ring it for 30. I asked him if he would just sent me the code for the agreed upon 20, and then I get no reply for many hours. Last night I pleaded with him to give me some sort of response, so I can make an alternate play if I had to. He finally gets back to me Friday night and says this ....... "

Swift Unlocks
5:50 PM (20 hours ago)

"just be patient then because this method takes longer then good day"

So what the heck does that mean !!!!!!!

So as of right now I have no flipping idea what the heck is going on, and I have 2 days left before att starts me on a fresh cycle starting the 15th.

I am so frustrated rt now it makes me sick, and Im pretty sure I wont be hearing from this joker until after the weekend (at best).

So for all u guys saying that the complaints are coming from competitors, and the good from schills, STOP. I am a regular guy who has been on MR forum for years, and I'm telling you dealing with this guy has been nothing but a nightmare for me. So for all the guys who have posted "I call bs", it's NOT bs, it's the unhappy truth !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.