Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleconverted

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Ont, Canada
Thanks! That's what I thought it might be... But, I still don't understand why I can find what flight it would have been on, nor why it hasn't said that it has arrived in Toronto - it should have only take an hour and a half if it was flying straight from Louisville to Toronto... Could it be going somewhere else?

Mine took this path to get to Toronto from Louisville but hasn't moved since this morning....

"Concord, ON, Canada, Mount Hope, ON, Canada, Buffalo, NY, United States, Louisville, KY, United States"

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I called apple a week ago and all they could do for me was next day shipping, which is SOMETHING, but I'd love some info ... You don't think it won't ship later than Jan, do you?

crovian

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Thanks! That's what I thought it might be... But, I still don't understand why I can find what flight it would have been on, nor why it hasn't said that it has arrived in Toronto - it should have only take an hour and a half if it was flying straight from Louisville to Toronto... Could it be going somewhere else?

Is your ETA Jan 28 (from Apple) and Jan 25(from UPS)?
Mine's also coming to Toronto and the last activity is Louisville Departure scan at 16:05

lalalara3

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Ordered imac 27 on January 3, no word yet

Hi everyone,
just thought I'd put it out there that I ordered the following imac 27 configuration on 1/3, and no word yet, just "processing"

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD

:cool:

EKV113

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Is your ETA Jan 28 (from Apple) and Jan 25(from UPS)?
Mine's also coming to Toronto and the last activity is Louisville Departure scan at 16:05

Yup it is - looks like both of our computers are on the same flight... going somewhere...

iPhenom

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Ordered on 12/27 from an Apple store in MI - I had a pre-autorization that dropped off after 2 days. Another pre-authorization was on my card on 1/17 & I thought it would go to "preparing to ship" after a few days - just checked this morning and the pre-authorization is now off. What the hell!!!! I am getting sick and tired of Apple doing this - I want my damn iMac! >:O

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE

I have the same config and ordered on 12/21 A pending charge went on my card on 1/21 but it is still processing and hold is still on card

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
I did ring apple twice,only for some very condascending woman to tell me, that my order was not delayed as it was marked as dispatching January and that still had 11 days left at the time of my call. Just reading of the screen is something that I am quite able to do myself.
T

yeah, i've had the same thing happen. except this young woman practically called me a liar when i told her orders placed after mine the exact same configuration and even different ones were shipping and recieved.

tophermd

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I have the same config and ordered on 12/21 A pending charge went on my card on 1/21 but it is still processing and hold is still on card
I also have that same config ordered on 12/22. Pending charge showed up on my card on 1/19 & as of tonight has disappeared! :mad:
So there goes any hope that it will ship anytime soon.
I'm wondering: when Jan 31st rolls around & our machines haven't shipped, am I allowed to call Apple at that point? Since when I call them now they just say it should ship sometime in January. The clocks ticking, Apple. Less than 7 days left to ship.

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
I also have that same config ordered on 12/22. Pending charge showed up on my card on 1/19 & as of tonight has disappeared! :mad:
So there goes any hope that it will ship anytime soon.
I'm wondering: when Jan 31st rolls around & our machines haven't shipped, am I allowed to call Apple at that point? Since when I call them now they just say it should ship sometime in January. The clocks ticking, Apple. Less than 7 days left to ship.

i haven't seen much movement lately...maybe they are waiting until the last day of the month to ship all our orders.

...and tim cook wonders why stock is down???:rolleyes:

robertlipe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
12/22 club here. "3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5" also, but I ordered the trackpad (loved mine for a while) instead of the magic mouse.

I've given up any hope of seeing mine in January even after I stacked a pile of cash at the temple of Apple to sacrifice in December.

If they'd shipped this machine a year ago in a form factor they could actually manufacture and were open with the customers than the delivery queue has nothing to do with FCFS, I'd be less annoyed. Seriously. USB3 on a 2011 iMac was all I wanted. Saving 1/2 inch of space above my desk (while making me clutter my "cableless AIO" with an external DVD) is not a win. Ship the damned systems already....especially since Intel how now pretty much sent Ivy Bridge to the Bargain Bin at this point.}

Fiete5401

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2009
Germany
Ordered 12/23. Still Processing...

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive

Called Apple on Monday and this morning but they're not able to do anything.

:(

msolomon

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
In the spirit of misery loves company, placed my order on 12/22, credit card pre-authorization on 1/17, and then pre-authorization went away on 1/23. So as of this morning, still in processing mode. My configuration:

3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC Trackpad

Have called apple numerous times, always polite but extremely frustrated ... certainly based on what I have read here --- where configs just like mine ordered later have already shipped/delivered. Yesterday, in my discussion with apple rep, noted that if my iMac is not delivered by 1/31, I would be calling back to extract my pound of flesh. Have already gotten a battery charger and superdrive, but looking for more if not delivered by 1/31.

This is just so freaking ridiculous.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
i haven't seen much movement lately...maybe they are waiting until the last day of the month to ship all our orders.

...and tim cook wonders why stock is down???:rolleyes:

ive been watching this thread so keep a track on order progression.. and something is up.

has anyone had their order go to preparing in the last few days? i cant see any? maybe i'm missing something but I cant see any sign of anything coming out of that factory at the moment, just reports of delays and authorisations dropping off ( 2nd ones, I'm not talking about the one that was put on the card on ordering)

its worrying :(

Rokoman

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
ive been watching this thread so keep a track on order progression.. and something is up.

has anyone had their order go to preparing in the last few days? i cant see any? maybe i'm missing something but I cant see any sign of anything coming out of that factory at the moment, just reports of delays and authorisations dropping off ( 2nd ones, I'm not talking about the one that was put on the card on ordering)

its worrying :(

EDIT: False alarm, ID ten T error.

Rokoman

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
The prices went down?

Im going to check the UK site. I cant believe Apple would give this much good will.
but something is up.

Nope, it was a "glitch". When I clicked the nav bar, it took me to the US page, not the AU one. Where the prices are lower <_<

Oh man am I disappointed.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Nope, it was a "glitch". When I clicked the nav bar, it took me to the US page, not the AU one. Where the prices are lower <_<

Oh man am I disappointed.

frankly i dont want 200 back. I just want to some orders progressing. Not even my order.. anybodies would be good!

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
It might be that people are not so active anymore in these threads. Most of the orderes registered on the Excel sheet, were orders from november/December.
Approx the last 50-80 orders of the entire list of ca. 450/460 orders are made in january. I am just picking the numbers out of memory since i don't have access to the document right now.

So we should naturally see fewer people answering and updating the excel sheet, or these threads.
BUT beeing among those who ordered in january, it's nerve wracking to not get any kind of updates, and not know whats happening..

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
It might be that people are not so active anymore in these threads. Most of the orderes registered on the Excel sheet, were orders from november/December.
Approx the last 50-80 orders of the entire list of ca. 450/460 orders are made in january. I am just picking the numbers out of memory since i don't have access to the document right now.

So we should naturally see fewer people answering and updating the excel sheet, or these threads.
BUT beeing among those who ordered in january, it's nerve wracking to not get any kind of updates, and not know whats happening..

its difficult, and such a small sample size its impossible. All i know that last week orders were changing, people were saying that their orders had changed to being prepared and this week thats not happened. Perhaps it is just the Chinese holiday, however I'm a cynic. especially with the authorisations dropping off that were placed on some peoples cards late last week,.

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
The authorisations dropping off was completely normal, said the Apple rep to me on the phone. I just need to have enough balance in the bank for whenever Apple is ready to ship the computers.
Still not holding my breath any longer.

tophermd

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The authorisations dropping off was completely normal, said the Apple rep to me on the phone. I just need to have enough balance in the bank for whenever Apple is ready to ship the computers.
Still not holding my breath any longer.

The authorizations dropping off after the initial order placement make sense, of course. But why re-autorize again if you're not finally getting ready to ship us our iMacs? :confused:

childert

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
january order

I ordered an imac 27 Jan 4.
still processing...January
Imac details
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
•
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x8GB
•
3TB Fusion Drive
•
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
•
Apple Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad
•
Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
•
Accessory Kit
Still not made?

robertlipe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013

There are certainly some entries in that spreadsheet that are just not updated. The ones that are shipped in December, but not marked received are hard to believe, for example. Most likely people got their machines and quit following the thread or updating here.

But look at the posts above yours. Plenty of us that ordered in December are still watching this thread - and without machines or updates.

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
aren't these problems mostly related to ordering through resellers, or finances going wrong? Re-authorisations going wrong?
I just don't know.
BUT I feel truly sorry for the people who ordered in december and are still waiting :(

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Ordered: 28th December
London, UK
i7 3.4GHz, 16GB, 3TB Fusion Drive, 2GB graphics,
...trackpad, superdrive, applecare, etc.
Preparing for shipment: 23rd January
No confirmation e-mail or delivery date as yet.

Thanks everyone for this thread, it made me ever so slightly less impatient.

There are certainly some entries in that spreadsheet that are just not updated. The ones that are shipped in December, but not marked received are hard to believe, for example. Most likely people got their machines and quit following the thread or updating here.

But look at the posts above yours. Plenty of us that ordered in December are still watching this thread - and without machines or updates.

My concerns really are that there doesn't seem to be much if any movement in terms if people's status this week. That wasn't the case last week.
It's difficult to draw conclusions from small numbers. But there are still many people waiting and I would be reassured to see even a couple of people have their iMac shipped/preparing to be shipped this week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.