Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulChowHK

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011
You don't knowing Chinese. They only buying Apple because it was cool but now the news is Apple is losing market, stock going down. Chinese will no buying Apple soon because they don't want be called losers. I looking at Shenzhen store and seeing large store but few people walking out with Apple shopping bags. I talking to people and they talking about Apple going down. Not looking good for future. If Apple closing one store it will be the ending for
Apple. I seeing some new iphone from case manufacturing companies and they looking the same as smaller iPhone. Iphone 5 large screen a big lose for case companies and they now focus on Samsung.

r018u

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
You don't knowing Chinese. They only buying Apple because it was cool but now the news is Apple is losing market, stock going down. Chinese will no buying Apple soon because they don't want be called losers. I looking at Shenzhen store and seeing large store but few people walking out with Apple shopping bags. I talking to people and they talking about Apple going down. Not looking good for future. If Apple closing one store it will be the ending for
Apple. I seeing some new iphone from case manufacturing companies and they looking the same as smaller iPhone. Iphone 5 large screen a big lose for case companies and they now focus on Samsung.

You do realise that Chinese revenue growth was 67% increase from 1 YEAR ago right? Apple will not close stores any time soon. I doubt many of the chinese consumers make a product decision on stock prices...

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
China owns us now, might as well start waving those red flags and learning Mandarin and Min.

China was a dominate world power for 2000 - 3000 years up until the late 1700s. Adam Smith, the father of modern economic noted that China in 1776 was still the wealthiest nation in the world. But, China, with political strife combined with missing the industrial revolution severely hindered her growth. 250ish years later (a relatively short time in world history), it's not that all that surprising China is starting to return to her former glory.

unless china users see the light and realize iphone is behind the curve.

They know; but like a lot of luxury products, people buy them for other reasons (quality, status, etc.). But even if Apple ends up with a few percentage of the market, it's still a very big number.

Not to mention India... :eek:

India has major problems with government, infrastructure, equality, education, etc. that are hindering her growth.

You don't knowing Chinese. They only buying Apple because it was cool but now the news is Apple is losing market, stock going down. Chinese will no buying Apple soon because they don't want be called losers.

True, Apple products are a status symbol... but same thing is happening in North America too - droves are starting to migrate to Android because it is a viable alternative, lower prices, and a bit of an up and comer.

Apple needs to continue to innovate to remain relavant in the market. Otherwise they will just become another Palm or RIM - companies with great products that fell behind due to lack of innovation.

Last edited:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
unless china users see the light and realize iphone is behind the curve.

They already have. There's such a vast population that its easy for Apple to flourish initially. Yet of even greater popularity in China, are Samsungs offerings. Only time will tell how well Apple fares over the long haul.

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
Droves are moving to Android in the US? Android lost market share to iPhone (iOS) last quarter. Nearly two thirds of major US carrier activations were iPhones, sounds like the movement is in the other direction.

Apple is doing it right in China. It is showing respect, building R & D centers, working with the government, and expanding their retail presence. The iPad mini is a huge hit in China, and this is all without China's largest carrier. Apple's future is huge in China, I am buying Apple stock based on this alone. (And, ...my kid does speak Mandarin, need to be prepared.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.