Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
About once a day, or once every other day, my 5 will suddenly lose service, drop to 1 or 0 bars, and the ATT logo, as well as the 4g or LTE indicator disappear. Anyone else have this problem? I am on Long Island, service is defintely not spotty here, and I can confirm this never happened on my 4 or 4s. Screenshot attatched.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 490

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I have this too but it has happened on all of my iPhones. I've always attributed the problem to the carrier. I'm on AT&T as well.

InfinitiG

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Have the same issue with my 5 on ATT. Dont remember having this issue on my 4.
Its definitely a ios bug

danielxute

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2011
My girlfriend and I had this same problem, switched the phones and the replacements had the same problem. Went to AT&T and told them I was not happy and they let me cancel my 17 day old contract with no fee's and we ported over to Verizon. Verizon is working much better and we now have LTE :)

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Have the same issue with my 5 on ATT. Dont remember having this issue on my 4.
Its definitely a ios bug

I really don't think it is an iOS bug. I've had had it on all my iPhones as far back as the 4 that I can remember. I think it's just AT&T. I don't remember the specifics of when I happened. Most were not in crazy congested areas except for the last time this weekend during a college football game.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
About once a day, or once every other day, my 5 will suddenly lose service, drop to 1 or 0 bars, and the ATT logo, as well as the 4g or LTE indicator disappear. Anyone else have this problem? I am on Long Island, service is defintely not spotty here, and I can confirm this never happened on my 4 or 4s. Screenshot attatched.

I had this happen to me last weekend at home. However, in my situation it was happening randomnly both on Saturday and Sunday. It hasn't happened since then, I believe AT&T was most likely messing with the towers, or it could've been the weather interfering with the antennas. Who knows.

However, today I experienced a data block on my iPhone 5. I had no data going through despite it saying it was connected to AT&T's 4G network. Reloading any app on my phone would just go in an endless loop. Normally if the cellular network is off, it'll notify you when you try to reload a page on Safari or update an app. This time, no notifications like so on any app. It was strange, a reboot fixed the problem though.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I'm in Canada and have had this happen on my 4 and 4S. Signal usually comes back within seconds though. Seems like a network reset or something :S

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
I'm in Canada and have had this happen on my 4 and 4S. Signal usually comes back within seconds though. Seems like a network reset or something :S

In Canada too and it happened on my 4 and now my 5 about once every few days but it comes back within seconds. I think its network reception issue too as it also happened on other older iPhones with other SIMs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.