Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I noticed today a bug that flagged 30 or so of my movies as hidden. Meanwhile I missed that I now have access to Anchorman - a movie that is still not available for sale in the iTunes Store.

Is it just me or did Apple just implement a policy change for content creators to make available content to past purchasers even if it is not currently available for sale?

That is the only title this happened to, but I believe that is the only one that has been pulled since buying (I'm very quick to ask for refunds if a movie is pulled).

Have others noticed this change - what movies have you bought that were pulled that are now back again? I'm curious to hear if its just me - check your hidden purchase tab - too!

Tim
iPodEvolution.net

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Edited, I thought Anchorman is available as a net search brings up the movie but an itunes search does not. Odd.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
My iTunes is still not seeing it as for sale - (USA Store) - even the link from Anchorman itself "in the store" shows it as not available.

It is available in Australia and other stores internationally.

(See attached screenshot)

Attachments

• iTunes.png
    iTunes.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 141

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
In iCloud but cannot buy

I purchased LILYA-4EVER some time ago (harrowing and adult content) on iTunes. It shows up as a purchased movie, and can be downloaded or streamed from iCloud to my MacBook. It even pops up as a search item, when searching in the iTunes store. But it would seem that the movie is not available for new purchasers, at least not in my region.

I guess either Apple or the vendor have pulled it from the store. I'm just glad that I still have the ability to get the item that I paid for, and I sincerely hope that this will remain the case for all of my purchased media, whether or not it is withdrawn from sale some time in the future.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
That's awesome - this is really starting to sound like a policy change from Apple (they may have been getting tired of refund requests from customers angry at "stolen" content)

Curious if I didn't request refunds on my other pulled movies if they would be back too ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.