Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Ashton Kutcher-led jOBS film will be opening in theaters on April 19, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

ashtonkutcher-500x280.jpg
The biopic, directed by Joshua Michael Stern and written by Matthew Whitely, chronicles Jobs' ascension from college dropout to one of the most revered entrepreneurs of the 20th century. Part of the film was shot in the historic garage where Jobs first set up shop at his family's home in Palo Alto, Calif.
jOBS also stars Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine.
The film debuts at the Sundance Film Festival this Friday, January 25. Stars Kutcher and Josh Gad, who play Jobs and Steve Wozniak respectively, will be at Macworld/iWorld next week to kick off the event with a talk about playing the two Steves.

Article Link: Ashton Kutcher Movie 'jOBS' Coming to Theaters April 19

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Quote: "also stars Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine".

Yes, it's officially a "B" movie.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
...actually, I'm quite keen to see it.

something tells me it will probably turn out better than the official Sony film.:eek:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
...actually, I'm quite keen to see it.

something tells me it will probably turn out better than the official Sony film.:eek:

This one looks to me more like it was done out of a love for Apple and Jobs. Sony's looks to me like it was done to make a quick buck. I expect I'll prefer jOBS (but I agree all caps or all lowercase would have looked better for a title... I feel like an electrical engineer must have written the title; no one else uses lowercase j's to mimic lowercase i's.)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It'll be at the theatre and not the cinema? Then I might have to go see this.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
What's with that name :confused: I dunno if it's supposed to look clever or something... But it looks like a typo to me. Should have just called it 'jobs'.

It's glaringly obvious it's because of the iGadgets, iSoftware and iOS that are his legacy and even if that didn't sink in, the fact a lower case J and a lower case I are similar from the top of the letters makes it a no brainer why they did that.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
where is the trailer ? if its out on april surely they want to promote it by now...

nrose101

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2011
Movie Clock App Already Set

I can't wait for this film. Have my iphone reminder from app all set up!

Attachments

• 2013-01-24 08.07.24.png
    2013-01-24 08.07.24.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 142

anubis72

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2004
"jOBS" is probably rolling over in his grave at the terrible naming of this film.

Not that bad, besides the fact that "rolling" or "grave" are irrelevant in the case of Mr. Job's disposition...(kinda hard when you're a pile of cremated remains). ;)

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
"jOBS" is probably rolling over in his grave at the terrible naming of this film.

I'll admit it isn't the best name, but it's stylized for a very specific group of people. If you don't understand the stylization then you are not one of the elite few.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
jOBS

I guess the movie name is supposed to remind people of how Apple puts a lowercase "i" in front of all of their products. Although it still would look better if it were "iJobs" or just "jobs"

can.rules

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2008
This one looks to me more like it was done out of a love for Apple and Jobs.

This is not a biopic, it is set on an alternate reality where Kelso from that 70's show grew up to create Apple computer.

I think I'll pass. I'll probably watch the Sony movie instead.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Some of us don't like the title.
Some of us don't understand the capitalization.
I hate Ashton Kutcher!
Josh Gad, who?
Someone will post many examples explaining why we shouldn't like Steve Jobs.
Somebody else will cite all of his innovations and positive influence on the industry.
Many will judge this film to be crap and swear to never see it.

How about we copy paste the comments from every other thread about this, or just wait till the film is actually released?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.