Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qaiser57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
To replace the hard drive I did the following,
1-Disconnect the battery connector
2-Afterwards replace the hard drive.

When I switched on the MBP it did not turn on, so restart it I did the following,
1-Put back the old hard drive.
2-Switch on the MBP but it did not work.
For SMC reset I followed the apple advice but of no use,the MBP did not turn on.One more thing when the charger is connected the light fade off after some time.
Some body may rescue me from this situation.

Take care.
:eek:

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010

When I switched on the MBP it did not turn on, so restart it I did the following,
For SMC reset I followed the apple advice but of no use,the MBP did not turn on.One more thing when the charger is connected the light fade off after some time.

Take care.

Just check all the cables, one of them is prolly sticking out. DOuble check the battery cable. FYI, no need to unplug battery for hard drive change.

qaiser57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Just check all the cables, one of them is prolly sticking out. DOuble check the battery cable. FYI, no need to unplug battery for hard drive change.

Hi crzyrio,
battery cables are good,do you any other suggestions.
TC
:confused:

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Hi crzyrio,
battery cables are good,do you any other suggestions.
TC
:confused:

Hey

sorry for the late reply. There is ONE other cable that is very important.

I will let you know and possible upload a picture when home.

When I was replacing my CD drive I accidentally unplugged the cable and nothing would happen when I hit the power button. It is a tiny 2 prongged cable that comes from the top of the macbook.

qaiser57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Hey

sorry for the late reply. There is ONE other cable that is very important.

I will let you know and possible upload a picture when home.

When I was replacing my CD drive I accidentally unplugged the cable and nothing would happen when I hit the power button. It is a tiny 2 prongged cable that comes from the top of the macbook.
:apple:waiting:D

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010

Attachments

• AEKCf4R3cOrBcDIA.medium.jpeg
    AEKCf4R3cOrBcDIA.medium.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 107

qaiser57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Found this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1528086?start=15&tstart=0

It could be your power adapter has gone bad. Find another one and test... even could go into an Apple store and 'borrow' a plug for a few minutes.
:apple:Hi, the power adopter is working good bcuz I checked it another MBP, the problem is beyond understanding that when I disconnected the battery cable and reconnected it again what went wrong that MBP failed to power up?????????? it seems that some ic has gone off, I do not know exactly....:D

----------

Sorry about that. Check this cable, just nothing would happen when it was slightly unplugged.
:apple:the picture shows the red circle this connector relates to audio and where as the other is for fan,these connectors of my MBP are perfect because I did not touch it.:D

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
:apple:Hi, the power adopter is working good bcuz I checked it another MBP, the problem is beyond understanding that when I disconnected the battery cable and reconnected it again what went wrong that MBP failed to power up?????????? it seems that some ic has gone off, I do not know exactly....:D

----------

:apple:the picture shows the red circle this connector relates to audio and where as the other is for fan,these connectors of my MBP are perfect because I did not touch it.:D

I know it is but the moment that is disconnected, nothing works lol. Double check the cable, even a little bit out and nothing will work.

Just walk through all the steps you did and re sit the HD you will probably find something you missed

qaiser57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
MBP mythology

Take care.
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your input and I have checked every thing as suggested by you but it did not work.Finally I took the very bold step, first I replace the charging chip 629 then afterwards the SMC chip,after replacing both the MBP start working as normal.
The question remains the same that by adopting all safety measures I disconnected the battery conector and after performing the task the MBP becomes dead.......why it happened.Because in Macbook Technician guide it is clearly mentioned that when going to replace memory/HDD the battery has to be disconnected.
Just for the sake of information,does any one bothers to respond on my question.

Take care
:apple:

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Disconnecting the battery is standard service protocol for ALL notebook repairs by every MFG including Apple. If you are careful you don't have to disconnect the battery. ;)

qaiser57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
Precautions

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your input and I have checked every thing as suggested by you but it did not work.Finally I took the very bold step, first I replace the charging chip 629 then afterwards the SMC chip,after replacing both the MBP start working as normal.
The question remains the same that by adopting all safety measures I disconnected the battery conector and after performing the task the MBP becomes dead.......why it happened.Because in Macbook Technician guide it is clearly mentioned that when going to replace memory/HDD the battery has to be disconnected.
Just for the sake of information,does any one bothers to respond on my question.

Take care
:apple:Hi Guys, After doing some home work with Apple documents it is revealed that if some one tends to disconnect the battery of MBP to perform some upgrade or else then care should taken (1) if the machine is recently switched off and before removing the back cover,please wait for at least 10 min to get the hot components to cool down.

Take Care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.