Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
Well here we are again, it really doesn't seem like 12 months.... the world didn't end, the Wii U was launched and no-one's bothered about the Vita. So, business as usual then.

What are we all looking forward to hardware and software wise this year then? Are you holding off on a Wii U until there's more games, or are you looking forward to the Orbis and new Xbox?

On my list so far are probably the last of the current-gen purchases:

Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma - (PS3) No release date yet unfortunately
Persona 4: Arena - (PS3) Expected by the end of March
Ginga Force - (Xbox360) February 14th
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou - (Xbox360) No date yet, but simultaneous worldwide release, apparently

And yes, I'm still waiting for Stürmwind on the Dreamcast :rolleyes:

As for the WiiU:

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Rayman
Lego City: Undercover
Zelda: Wind Waker HD
'Yoshi's Yarn' or whatever it ends up being called
Disney Infinity
Wonderful 101
'Mario 3D'

I think that's enough to keep the kids and myself going for the rest of the year!

:apple:

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Preorders already down;
Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition
Pokemon X/Y
Persona 4 Golden

Definitely picking up;
Beyond: Two Souls
Windwaker HD
Any main series Mario game that shows up!
South Park Stick of Truth
Lego City Underground
Rayman Legends
MGS Peacewalker 2, or whatever that awesome looking game was called

Maybe;

Tomb Raider
(might finally pick up Max Payne 3 as well)

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Anticipating the next XBox, hoping for similar architecture with improved capabilities. Could care less about Kinect. Hoping for backwards compatibility with up-sampled graphics (720p to 1080p conversion). The Wii did it with some GC games, so can the XBox, right?

Games?
Definitely snatching up:
- Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm
- Bioshock Infinite
- Tomb Raider

And, enough procrastinating, I guess I'll finally dig in and play the Mass Effect series. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Well so far ths year I've bought

DMC
Anarchy Reigns
Ni No Kuni on PS3

The Cave
Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii U

Already got these Pre-orders so far

Rayman Legends
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Lego City Undercover on Wii U

Sim City on PC/Mac

TombRaider
Bioshock Infinite
South Park the Stick of Truth
Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time. on PS3

Will be pre-ordering when available

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
WindWaker HD
Yoshi Epic Yarn
X. on Wii U

Beyond : Two Souls
The 2 of Us. On PS3

Waiting for reviews on Aliens : Colonial Marines and if it does OK I'll pre-order the Wii U version.

I suspect Mario / Mario Kart won't make 2013.

Will probably in all liklihood pick up Disney Infinity too.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Just a few PS3 titles I am looking forward to this year:

- The Last of Us
- GTA V
- Beyond: Two Souls
- maybe Bioshock Infinite...?

That's all I can think of right now.

Still need to pick some of last year's games like Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs and The Walking Dead, so this works out pretty well.

No new hardware for me. PS4 at some point down the line, but not at launch.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
I am hoping Metal Gear Rising is good for the PS3. (I would prefer to own all the Metal Gear games for the Sony line).

Dead Space 3 should be decent for the 360, but am bummed I will have no one to coop with :-(

I know Starcraft II:HOTS will be good and the change of pace will be welcomed after the orig.

The new God of War, as I just love how epic they feel. However nothing feels as epic as the first GOW when seeing the Titan with a city on his back.

Also if Hotline Miami 2 makes it into 2013 I should be quite stoked.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I am hoping Metal Gear Rising is good for the PS3. (I would prefer to own all the Metal Gear games for the Sony line).

Download the demo ;-)

I did, and found the controls too complicated for me to get to grips with. Maybe I'm getting too old in the tooth..... :(

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
All PS3 versions

Metro Last Light
The Last of Us
BioShock infinite
Soul Sacrifice (PSVita)
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper (PSV & PS3)
God of War
Guacamelee (PSVita)
Soul Saviour (PSVita)

More vita games as they get announced...hopefully.

Bless

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
PC
Company of Heroes 2
SimCity
The Cave
Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm
Total War 2: Rome
Bioshock Infinite

PlayStation 4
Two PlayStation 4 units
Three additional DualShock 4 controllers
Destiny
Assassins Creed: Black Flag
Watch Dogs
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
InFAMOUS: Second Son
Transistor

PlayStation 3
Ni No Kuni: Wizard's Edition
The Last of Us
Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD

Vita
Persona 4: Golden
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy X-2 HD

iOS
Battle of the Bulge

3DS
3DS XL Animal Crossing LE Console

All the above are bought/pre-ordered :) I am like a small child waiting for Christmas, particularly for March which will bring both SimCity and Company of Heroes II. Nothing pending for the 360 so far, and the Xbox One is about as interesting as fluff.

The other half and I have confirmed the decision not to purchase a WiiU unless something totally amazeballs happens.

Last edited:

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
Download the demo ;-)

I did, and found the controls too complicated for me to get to grips with. Maybe I'm getting too old in the tooth..... :(

I just tried the demo. I don't like any of the supporting characters. Feels too Resident Evil 4ish to me that way, I just don't care. Thanks for the heads up to the demo. I'll pick it up for $10 later.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Heres my list across everything i own.

Wii U

Zelda for Wii U
Zelda The Windwalker HD
Yoshi's Yarn
Smash Bros
Mario Kart
Next Mario Kart

Mac

Sim City
Napoleon total war
Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarms

PS3 not much focusing on the upcoming PS4 now.

Grand Theft Auto V

IOS

Badland
Toki Tori 2
Infinity Blade Dungeons
Touch Grind 2
Real Racing 3

Last edited:

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
PS3

Dead Space 3
Aliens: Colonial Marines CE
Metal Gear Rising CE
Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Ed.
Tomb Raider Survival Ed.
Last of Us Post-Pandemic Ed.
Beyond (Can't get enough Ellen Page)
Dragon Age 3 (Cannot Wait)
Deadpool (if it comes out this year)

PSVita

Ys: Memories of Celceta
Valhalla Knights 3

I'm pondering the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, but because of my jacked up eye my last 3DS made my head hurt and gave me nosebleeds, even in 2D. The nice thing, the 3DS XL doesn't seem to do that to me, so I may pick one up just so I can get Pokemon X.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
I'll be picking up StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and Wind Waker HD so far. Both look amazing. I really need to find something for my 3DS though, my gf bought me it 2 Christmases ago and after OoT 3D, I've barely touched it...

----------

MGS Peacewalker 2, or whatever that awesome looking game was called

Ground Zeroes? I can't wait for that. The MGS series hasn't let me down yet (except for 2, I try to forget about that one), I'll be getting it day one.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Scribblenauts Unlimited has been delayed in Europe for Wii U yet again. Some content has to be removed. I'm guessing 'Nazi' word or something.

Frig I was looking forward to playing it this week. :(

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed

Ground Zeroes? I can't wait for that. The MGS series hasn't let me down yet (except for 2, I try to forget about that one), I'll be getting it day one.

Phantom Pain:D ...I love MGS even SOL. I can't wait for the next installment but I'm not interested in MGR:R I guess its too much out of the MGS formular.

Anybody pumped for the Last of Us...the latest video really got me thirsty.

Bless

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Is MGS: Ground Zeroes coming out this year? If so, it's definitely on my list.

I love all of them, even MGS2. I wasn't sure about Rising until I played the demo, while the mechanics were weird at first, the story and Kojima's unique characters sold me. In a case of full disclosure, while I love Solid Snake and even Raiden, Naked Snake/Big Boss' character and stories so far have been my favorite of the franchise.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Phantom Pain:D ...I love MGS even SOL. I can't wait for the next installment but I'm not interested in MGR:R I guess its too much out of the MGS formular.

Anybody pumped for the Last of Us...the latest video really got me thirsty.

Bless
I just couldn't bring myself to finish SoL, I found it so disappointing. :( MGS3, on the other hand, was the perfect antidote. It's still tied with Peace Walker as my favourite MGS games.
Is MGS: Ground Zeroes coming out this year? If so, it's definitely on my list.

I love all of them, even MGS2. I wasn't sure about Rising until I played the demo, while the mechanics were weird at first, the story and Kojima's unique characters sold me. In a case of full disclosure, while I love Solid Snake and even Raiden, Naked Snake/Big Boss' character and stories so far have been my favorite of the franchise.

I think they said it'll be released in 2013, which means we'll see it in late 2014 or early 2015. ;)

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I just couldn't bring myself to finish SoL, I found it so disappointing. :( MGS3, on the other hand, was the perfect antidote. It's still tied with Peace Walker as my favourite MGS games.

I think they said it'll be released in 2013, which means we'll see it in late 2014 or early 2015. ;)

My Metal Gear Rising art book showed up yesterday. I love the technology and world that Kojima invented.

Yeah, I totally understand the truths of Kojima-time, at least it's not Valve-time. ;)

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hardware:
iPad mini (if it gets retina display)

Games:
FIFA 14

But will wait for E3 etc before deciding on any more.
PS4 will hopefully be exciting, but will probably be a 2014 purchase.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
So here we are in May, and a few things have changed....

Finally, after a good two years of waiting, the regular and Limited Editions of Sturmwind for the Dreamcast have arrived. Huzzah, I can strike that off the list at last.

Persona 4 Arena also made it out after a nine month delay. I preordered the Collectors Edition directly from Zen United, only to find out a couple of days later that GAME were offing a funky yellow 12" soundtrack vinyl as their preorder bonus for the regular edition. So I got that too :D

DoDonPachi Saidaioujou is no longer getting a worldwide release, but CAVE have made the Japanese version region-free, which is awesome. That's out at the end of the month on the 360 along with Shooting Love: XIIZeal & DeltaZeal, which is also import friendly. And in a very strange turn of events, Ketsui is getting a PS3 release, which is cool as the 360 version of that is region locked.

Still no word on a release date for the new BlazBlue instalment though :(

As for the WiiU, well, that's been a complete cock-up to be honest. Hopefully Nintendo are going to announce wonderful things next month and maybe even confirm what's definitely going to be out for Xmas. Lego City is awesome, so is Sonic Racing, but I didn't get into Monster Hunter like I hoped I would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.