Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
The ballboy was clearly trying to engage in a bit timewasting, but Hazard has no justification in doing what he did. You can't lash out like that against other players, you certainly can't against non-players.

Hazard should have highlighted it to the referee, not taken matters into his own hands (or foot).

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
EDIT: [Jaffa beats me to it] Hazard just got sent off for kicking a ball boy. Comedy Gold.

Columbus Crew just got a Brazilian - player, that is.

Gláuber Berti, an old Man City reject, is our new right back. He is largely famous for signing with Man City and then almost not playing for them at all. But he does in fact seem to have potential to replace the recently departed (and effective) Sebastian Miranda in that position.

Chelsea are just 10 minutes plus stoppage away from getting knocked out...:eek:

I'll be pleased to see Swansea in Europe too, but I'm rooting for Bradford all the way.

I'd take a pay cut to go just about anywhere else. A cushy transfer to Monaco or another Mediterranean club would be worth the lost wages and more.

Have we just witnessed the first instance of a ball boy diving? Is no part of the game safe anymore? :D

Just watched the incident...unless that boy has broken ribs he was seriously hamming it up there. Obviously it was stupid of Hazard to kick him, but my word...can't wait for the next round of podcasts. ;)

Naughty.

I'm sure the boy's bollocks are thanking him that he hadn't run up against Wayne Rooney. ;)

Wirelessly posted

Hazard going for a second kick, only to be beaten by the rollover, and the ball boy appealing to the ref. :D

i hate that kid.

FIFA and whoever else going on about fairplay and what not that little cuh...nt getting away with that. i'da kicked him too!

After a linesman was kicked to death here in the Netherlands I for one fail to see the humor. It's actions like these that young players see and copy, I know that there was provocation.
If this happened out on the street it would be common assault, an not some comedy clip.:(

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
i hate that kid.

FIFA and whoever else going on about fairplay and what not that little cuh...nt getting away with that. i'da kicked him too!

pretty much agree, although = violence wasn't the solution obvioulsy.

But that didn't impress me much. Hazard tries to kick the ball and that lad makes some Busquet-like moves to gain some extra time...good reminder that soccer isn't a real gentleman's game anyway.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I'm not sure he was actually a ball boy.

He engages in time wasting, takes a slight knock and then rolls around on the floor like he's taken 2 in the chest.

Sounds more like a trainee pro to me ;)

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
After a linesman was kicked to death here in the Netherlands I for one fail to see the humor. It's actions like these that young players see and copy, I know that there was provocation.
If this happened out on the street it would be common assault, an not some comedy clip.:(

ya got me there.

but i will say that acting out like hazard did and like the folks that killed the ref are two really different things.

it(hazard episode) was more comical than violent.

but you do make a good point.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings

Give it time, there is humour in the strangest places, even mainland Europe.:p

The incident, the parties survive, Hazard is rightly punished - parents point this out to their children, and knowing the cast are okay and right from wrong taught, the humour is found.

Cheers,
OW

iampaulb

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2012
London
I'm not sure he was actually a ball boy.

He engages in time wasting, takes a slight knock and then rolls around on the floor like he's taken 2 in the chest.

Sounds more like a trainee pro to me ;)

LOLz this made me chuckle. Your right though too much drama and not enough sportsmanship

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off

I completely see your point - given the tragedy that overwhelmed Dutch football recently it seems hard to laugh at this.

But, on the other hand, Hazard's actions appear to me to be extremely foolish rather than particularly dangerous in intent. I could be wrong, of course, but I doubt he intended to beat the ballboy on live TV.

I can see the humor in it (and the ball boy knew exactly what he was doing, unlike the incident in the Netherlands where the linesman was simply doing his - unpaid- job) - but at the same time Hazard should not have resorted to kicking someone. He will certainly be punished for it.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Newcastle seem to be starting a mini French Revolution this window. Buying like Arsenal, young no-name French players. Pardew must be fluent in the language.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Newcastle seem to be starting a mini French Revolution this window. Buying like Arsenal, young no-name French players. Pardew must be fluent in the language.

They have excellent scouting in French speaking markets. It's been a focus point for a good 4-5 years. And they are good at it. If they survive the drop this year (and likely emotionally charged civil war which has already shown its face) I see them going from strength to strength next year

Qwertylizer

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
Europe
No wonder Perez held press meeting after all those rumours about the relationship between Mourinho and the players. I think it was a great decision because this is the only way to get the team working peace they so much deserve before Champions League continues...

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
They have excellent scouting in French speaking markets. It's been a focus point for a good 4-5 years. And they are good at it. If they survive the drop this year (and likely emotionally charged civil war which has already shown its face) I see them going from strength to strength next year

Hopefully the players work out for them in the end.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I completely see your point - given the tragedy that overwhelmed Dutch football recently it seems hard to laugh at this.

But, on the other hand, Hazard's actions appear to me to be extremely foolish rather than particularly dangerous in intent. I could be wrong, of course, but I doubt he intended to beat the ballboy on live TV.

I can see the humor in it (and the ball boy knew exactly what he was doing, unlike the incident in the Netherlands where the linesman was simply doing his - unpaid- job) - but at the same time Hazard should not have resorted to kicking someone. He will certainly be punished for it.

completely correct. well done.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Well, Man U have got their man, with Zaha signing for them, although he has been loaned back to Palace until the end of the season

Edit: But more importantly, we've signed Leroy Lita until the end of the season

Last edited:

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Predictable!

Interesting point to note was this:
South Wales Police are following up complaints from members of the public in Sussex, Kent and south Wales.

I presume they're just going through the motions in regards to the complaints, other wise our good friend Joey Barton will find himself 'inside'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA0nIaLV1Pg

Still, one thing to note
specsavers_zps4deceea2.jpg

Last edited:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Some away cupsets today. Norwich fall to Luton and QPR get spanked by the Dons at Loftus Rd.

EDIT: Crazy rumour of the day; Wenger the no 1 candidate being targeted to replace Mourinho at Madrid in the summer. Madrid have sought Wenger twice in the past to no avail.

Last edited:

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
This weekends results Eredivisie.

Friday

Temp on pitch -6℃

VVV Venlo 1 vs AZ 4

VVV did not help their chances of staying up with this performance.

Saturday

Temp on pitch 1℃

PEC Zwolle 1 vs sc Heerenveen 1

Dismal match between bottom of the table rivals, PEC couldn't repeat the form of last week. Heerenveen had the better of the first half. PEC managed to save a point scoring very late in the second half. This result doesn't help either team.

RKC Waalwijk 0 vs NAC Breda 4

NAC climbed above both PEC and Heerenveen with this result, as the score suggests there was only one team on the pitch.

Heracles Almelo 1 vs PSV 5

PSV recovered from their shock defeat last week, they were sharper and looked like they knew why they were on the pitch.
PSV back on top.

Sunday

Temp on pitch 6 ℃

Vitesse 3 vs Ajax 2

Ajax is just as unpredictable after the winter stop as before, giving away a two goal lead. Vitesse deserved this win, for all the passion and never say die attitude. Plus Vitesse were without their goal machine Wilfried Bony on African Cup duty.

Feyenoord 0 vs FC Twente 0

Played before 45,000 saw two teams that were more afraid to lose than wanted to win, result lots of posession but very little goal chances.
Twente lose top position.

FC Utrecht 3 vs Willem II 1

Utrecht played well enough, Willem II only came back into the match after Utrecht were 3 goals up.
Willem II are definately going down.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
More cupsets today. Spurs knocked out of the FA Cup by Leeds, and Oldham make Liverpool follow suit thanks largely to Coates.

In other news, Drogba looks set to join Sneidjer at Galatasaray.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Liverpool can't do it on a cold, wet night at Oldham...

Punishing physical encounter, Liverpool failed to adapt to the slow, lumpy pitch. Sloppy play, the refs were content to let it be more physical than the typical Premier League match and Liverpool failed to adapt to that too. Probably should have a had a penalty when Sturridge got his leg raked in the box near the end, but Oldham deserved their win.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Liverpool also didn't play with any width whatsoever which didn't help their course. Lower leagues are used to direct/route one tactics after all. Then there was Coates...

Well maybe the other part of Merseyside will get revenge. Oldham face Everton at home next round.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Liverpool also didn't play with any width whatsoever which didn't help their course. Lower leagues are used to direct/route one tactics after all. Then there was Coates...

I thought we had a decent amount of wide play, but the quality of crosses and corners was not great. Coates did not have his best performance, but those big Oldham forwards were absolutely mugging him all night. Lots of fouls not given.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Edit: But more importantly, we've signed Leroy Lita until the end of the season

He was a bit mental when he was with us, I remember him scoring late on when we were 3-1 down and rather than getting the ball out of the net to the centre circle, he took his shirt off and ran to the away fans to celebrate... :rolleyes:
Saw he scored on his debut today though.

In other news, Reading really have a crap fifth-round FA cup tie, away at Old Trafford. Wanted Luton, Barnsley or the Dons at home, then could've had a slim chance of a good QF, then possible Wembley...

The draw also seemed to have favoured all of the big PL sides, none of them playing each other and most at home. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.