Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Is Apple going to give us ADC Members a new 6.1 soon?

Beta 4 is supposed to Expire on next Monday, 01/28/2013! What is taking Apple so long to give us ADC Members a New 6.1 Build before Beta 4 expires? Just FYI. :(

Vizio

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Tired of waiting on this Overly Hyped Update. RIP Steve, Apple just isn't the same without you.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Who wants to bet they are trying to close jailbreak holes?

Jailbreakers are making so much noise they act like they are about to release a jailbreak.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009

Jailbreakers are making so much noise they act like they are about to release a jailbreak.

I'd encourage them to spend their energy innovating instead of playing this immature game with the jailbreakers.

Vizio

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
iOS 6.1 release date guesses

5.1 was in the beta stage for many months more so far than 6.1. This has nothing to do with Steve.

Everything with “Apple” has to do with Steve.
Don't act illiterate

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Between the latest iOS 6.1 beta (4) expiring next Monday, January 28, 2013, and the announcement of expansion of LTE support for additional carriers coming next week (https://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/2...-36-additional-carriers-in-several-countries/), it seems like iOS 6.1 should be released at some point between now and end of next week (probably in the early part of next week).

Yep developers will have it on or before Friday and the rest of us should have it on or before next Friday.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
When Scott Forstall was let go, they said Scott was one to release something by a deadline, whether or not it was completely ready. We're no longer in that era, and Apple is taking care to get things right before release. (See iTunes 11 month long delay)

It makes sense... Wait longer for a better, more polished product. Maybe now we won't all be clamoring for 6.1.1 a week after 6.1 is released.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
When Scott Forstall was let go, they said Scott was one to release something by a deadline, whether or not it was completely ready. We're no longer in that era, and Apple is taking care to get things right before release. (See iTunes 11 month long delay)

It makes sense... Wait longer for a better, more polished product. Maybe now we won't all be clamoring for 6.1.1 a week after 6.1 is released.

Well seeing as 6.1 Beta 4 expires next Monday, they've set a deadline for themselves.

And they promise the LTE roll out for other countries next week, which requires an iOS update. Could be 6.0.3, but I doubt that and would expect 6.1

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
Well seeing as 6.1 Beta 4 expires next Monday, they've set a deadline for themselves.

True enough, and I could be wrong. This is definitely unusual, as Apple normally leaves days or weeks between expiration and the release of the next beta/GM.

Wasn't it revealed a while back though that Apple could remotely extend expiration dates?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
True enough, and I could be wrong. This is definitely unusual, as Apple normally leaves days or weeks between expiration and the release of the next beta/GM.

Wasn't it revealed a while back though that Apple could remotely extend expiration dates?

It would make sense if Apple could update this remotely in a logical sense, but is there any documentation to support this assumption?

If anything, they would extend it to continue bug testing, meaning they might as well release beta 5.

But I think the stars are aligned pretty perfectly here - if 6.1 will enable LTE for other carriers worldwide, then the developers getting the GM friday and the rest soon after makes perfect sense.

jpetticrew

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
Texas
It would make sense if Apple could update this remotely in a logical sense, but is there any documentation to support this assumption?

If anything, they would extend it to continue bug testing, meaning they might as well release beta 5.

But I think the stars are aligned pretty perfectly here - if 6.1 will enable LTE for other carriers worldwide, then the developers getting the GM friday and the rest soon after makes perfect sense.
I don't know about documentation, I just remember ih8snow tweeting that the expiration date for a beta last year had changed.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

Apple would see that as a waste of time and resources...so no they are not doing that.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I hope it's within this month.... Almost tired of waiting, even though there's nothing in 6.1 to look forward too.

2ndchancephones

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2011
Denton, TX
What would you expect when the thread starter posted a question such as this.
This forum is to try and help people with jailbreak/modification issues.

Threads like this just clog up the forum since no one can answer this with anything but a silly guess.

Those of us who have been here awhile realize how much a waste of space this thread is.

Pitiful....is this YOUR forum? If it is, I apologize. If it isn't, then your just a rude, blowhard trying to be a bully because you have X number of posts. Get over yourself.

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010

From the sounds of it there is one close if not ready, just have to see what if any holes are closed in 6.1 and make sure it is stable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.