Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valmonts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Which do you prefer for jailbreak, downgrade iPad 2 ios 6 to 5.1.1 or wait until there is a new ios 6 jailbreak ? i am very confused about this :confused:

spooky23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2013
Epping
I've owned a 3Gs and now a 4s and have jailbroken both mainly for stuff like BiteSMS and iBlacklist and adding 'themed' icons and being able to resize them etc. Cosmetic stuff. Could I live without all this? Probably. Will I be jailbreaking the ipad? Nope. Mainly because it's a pain the backside to try and use apps like Sky Go when jailbroken.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Are people still jailbreaking? Wow.

Well, a lot of us aren't since there isn't an iOS 6 JB for A5 and newer chips. However, when one is released, I will definitely JB my 5 and mini. I don't go crazy, and I don't steal apps, but there are a number of jailbreak tweaks that really improve the experience of the phone, and frankly I like theming my icons. :)

While I'll take my stock iPhone 5 over my formerly jailbroken iPhone 4S, I do miss a few of the tweaks and themes. I really miss NC Settings and the tweak that allows you to swipe over the keyboard to act as cursor placement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.