Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
It's not as horrible as expected. I don't feel like going to watch the movie though. The Facebook movie was great because it had talented acting, I might spend too long cringing in the Jobs flick to enjoy it. Ashton Kutcher is just too much of a turn off though I do try to be fair to him.

Ashton clearly got the role for his looks, and they've at least captured the general style of Woz back in the day.
jobs-and-wozniak_2019574a.jpg

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Looks good. I like the interaction between the characters. Kutcher makes a great Jobs IMO.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Woz wasn't fat when he was young... Nor that short or Steve that tall?

You (and others) need to let go of things like height. Seriously? It's a movie. Based on the life of people. IE - Is Meryl Streep the same height as Thatcher?

brettr

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
They brought 'That 70's Show' back to life.

Noah Wyle was excellent. He should have played this part again.

And yeah, that's Hagrid from Harry Potter. Woz didn't have a puddle hair do.

I'll pass.

noahrobd

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
Woz invented the Operating System?

I don't think Woz invented the concept of an operating system, as this clip seems to imply. There was such thing as an "operating system" beforehand. Yes he wrote the OS for the Apple I, and possibly other computers he worked on. But he didn't come up with what an operating system is. Also, I don't think that guy looks anything like Woz.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Very bland. Noah Wylie was pure genius. Doubt they'll top that performance, or even get close.

Renzatic

Suspended
Watching that clip after reading this thread, I was expecting a lot worse. I'm not a huge Ashton Kutcher fan. Don't hate the guy, but he hasn't been in anything that's flat out melted my brains from the wonderfulness of his acting or anything. He's alright.

That said, I thought he did a pretty good job of portraying Jobs (olol). At the very least, he has his body language, accent, and talking through his nose down pat. It isn't all that bad.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Looks and sounds like Ashton Kutcher in the role of Ashton Kutcher.

I'm looking forward to the movie, and will watch it for sure.... but I am not impressed with this clip. When I saw Ashton Kutcher was picked, I thought it was cool because he kind of has the look of Jobs.... but listening to the clip, he doesn't capture his personality at all... I mean AT all. He's reading the lines, but I don't envision Steve Jobs when listening to him.... I envision only one person... Ashton Kutcher. I have a better time believing the other guy was Woz, but he wasn't very good either. Hopefully they will do a better job than it appears thus far, because it seems to me the casting is a miss. They maybe should have gone with someone that could capture his personality, even if he didn't have the Jobs look. As far as I'm aware, Kutcher has only ever done one type of role. Someone like Tom Hanks who has proven he could act in many different roles might have been better for this.

Matrixfan

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2008
For me Woz seems to be a bit off as a character. Ashton Kutcher seems fine as Jobs. Of course I have never met them in person, let alone when they were young. BUT having looked at some documentaries and photos from that time, for me Woz seems off.

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sarah Michelle Gellars real voice is horrible imo. not sure if u know who im talkin about. one of those rare cases where i prefer the dubbed voice

Well, the voice is only part of the experience. I'm talking about the general timing, voice and accuracy of synchronizations in Germany. That coupled with the censoring of many movies in Germany makes it generally unwatchable.

Renzatic

Suspended
Why are 12 year olds allowed on the forums? Do your parents know you're on the internet without supervision?

Do you have a sense of humor? Please check one:

_Yes

_No

_Why am I wasting my time answering your insipid questions? I am not a jocose person. I find humor to be a concept moribund in today's fast paced world. Jokes are for children, as is your "questionnaire".

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
I wasn't super impressed with this clip, but to be honest, I'm more interested in the story than how much his voice sounds like Jobs, or even how much he looks like him. I didn't think that Frank Longella looked much like Nixon, but it was still a great film. Would have much rather had him than Rich Little.

I'm going to see this, and I'll wait to hear from people who knew Jobs and Woz and see what they say about how much they butchered the story. I also don't think there is anything wrong with highlighting how much these people foresaw the future of computing. I thought it was cool hearing the "how do people know what they want..." line. It probably won't be an Academy contender, but I think I will enjoy it none the less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.