Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ericshoot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I sold my apple tv 2 online and just shipped it today. I just realized that I forgot to do a factory restore. I just changed my password for iTunes account. I also deactivated all my devices on the netflix website. Is there anything else i should do to make sure whoever uses my old apple tv doesn't have access to my account?

chris8535

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
Change your password

Change the password on your account. When the Apple TV tries to authorize it will reject the account.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Yeah change your iTunes (aka Apple ID) password immediately.

I dont think "Deauthorize devices" works with AppleTVs, but it comes in handy if a Mac of some sort on your account is stolen, broken or replaced.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
What about netflix? I was using my sisters account and i forgot to reset argh!!

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
You need to change your Netflix password. What can happen is that you go to watch a movie on Netflix and it won't let you because you are already using your two streams. I have many devices that have Netflix and have encountered this when 10 year old daughter is watching one show and her four year old sister is watching another. No room for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.