Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
That first line from Ashton sounds like a post ADR...

I kinda thought like he was almost going to go into an Owen Wilson impersonation at one point. ^_^

Still, I didn't seem to hate it as much as others. Just kinda luke-warm. Woz has more in common with Jonah Hill in Money Ball in this clip. ^_^

CIA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
I've got tickets to a press screening tomorrow, I'll report back on the movie.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Ironic its a Flash video.

Where are those special ones that say they never use flash?

Oh that's right they're here and their macrumour members

Burn

----------

Here is the iPhone link

http://m.etonline.com/video/play/id/94546/o_id/94546/?KSID=5039863c06bc145a9519f8aa53e918c5

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Do you have a sense of humor? Please check one:

Yes

_No

_Why am I wasting my time answering your insipid questions? I am not a jocose person. I find humor to be a concept moribund in today's fast paced world. Jokes are for children, as is your "questionnaire".

I have a sense of humor--just not that of a 12-year-old. "That's what she said" jokes are stodgy and tiresome. It was funny a year ago before immature kids starting overusing it.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
In regards to the Hewlett Packard in the background someone mentioned. This was covered in the POSV movie...(possible spoiler) I believe Woz worked for them part time and had signed a contract that any ideas he came up with they had first crack at. So they actually had to offer their first mac-personal computer to them, they passed.

First mac-computer? Huh? The Macs didn't come out until 1984. The "Apple"-branded computers came out first. Apple I, Apple II...

smallnshort247

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2010
Since I've seen Ashton Kutcher play so many different roles, it's hard for me to think of him seriously acting out Steve Jobs. Someone earlier in the comments wrote that we should focus on the message the movie is putting out instead of the acting. I feel that if I go into the movie with that mindset, I'll enjoy it much more!

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Where are those special ones that say they never use flash?

Oh that's right they're here and their macrumour members

Burn

----------

Here is the iPhone link

http://m.etonline.com/video/play/id/94546/o_id/94546/?KSID=5039863c06bc145a9519f8aa53e918c5

Not sure if you were being sarcastic... but YouTube videos can be done in pure Flash or as MPEG4. When done as MPEG4, they are viewable in Flash format or native MPEG4 in supported browsers. In this case, the video was _just_ Flash, so not accessible to browsers that don't support that. No videos should be only in Flash these days, so the OP's observation was correct. FYI.

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Yes, that's called acting.

FYI, in Hitchcock, that's not actually Alfred, it's really Anthony Hopkins ...

:D

I didn't see Hitchcock , and what Ashton was doing in that short clip was not acting or really bad acting which in my opinion is not real acting. a real actor makes you forget its he who is acting a part and has you engulfed in the character not a caricature of the person he is trying to portray.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Since I've seen Ashton Kutcher play so many different roles, it's hard for me to think of him seriously acting out Steve Jobs. Someone earlier in the comments wrote that we should focus on the message the movie is putting out instead of the acting. I feel that if I go into the movie with that mindset, I'll enjoy it much more!

Yah, and maybe watching the movie from the beginning will help to set the mood. That one clip left me feeling sick and disappointed.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
"Nobody wants to see this movie"

"How do they know they don't want to see it if they haven't seen it yet.."

rpe33

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
He still sounds like the guy from "Dude, Where's My Car?". He's not even trying to sound like Steve.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
This is far worse than I possible could of imagined. That guy is not believable as Woz!

Were you there at the time or are you judging the actor as you see Woz today? Did it occur to you that Woz might've been right there during the filming saying, "Yep that's exactly me during that time"?

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Were you there at the time or are you judging the actor as you see Woz today? Did it occur to you that Woz might've been right there during the filming saying, "Yep that's exactly me during that time"?

cant you come up with anything more clever than calling people armchair this or armchair that ?

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
Ashton looked believable as Jobs, but Steve Wozniak looks absolutely ridiculous! I mean, he's rocking a perm in this clip, what is that about!?

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I have a sense of humor--just not that of a 12-year-old. "That's what she said" jokes are stodgy and tiresome. It was funny a year ago before immature kids starting overusing it.

2iv1biw.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.