Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CiccioAtSea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Principality of Monaco
Hi

I've just read this article on gizmodo.it (Italian version), can't find it on the US version..

http://www.gizmodo.it/2013/01/24/un-iphone-con-lo-schermo-piu-grande-tim-cook-dice-no.html

Seems that during yesterday's conference Cooks said that "it was so hard to find the perfect screen size" so probably it was his way to stop all the rumors about a possible iPhone+...

What do you think? Share your thoughts pls :)

(Sorry again for my very poor english...)

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
That's because there is no one perfect screen size, contrary to what Apple would have us believe.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
This is pretty simple. Apple tells you what they are doing is perfect until they change their mind and do something different. Then that thing is perfect.

That sounds like I'm being bitter or complaining, but I'm really not. I have no problem with this. It's just a straightforward description of how Apple works.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
This is pretty simple. Apple tells you what they are doing is perfect until they change their mind and do something different. Then that thing is perfect.

That sounds like I'm being bitter or complaining, but I'm really not. I have no problem with this. It's just a straightforward description of how Apple works.

Exactly. I wouldn't read too much into what they say. Too many people got burned by his doubling down on secrecy comment. They're also masters at misdirection.

CiccioAtSea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Principality of Monaco
Remember that commercial where they said a 4" screen was perfect because the fingers reach across it without stretching, or some bullish*t. Its that. He/Apple thinks 4" is perfect, so don't expect bigger/smaller/different for a while.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Rc4MDmr8o

This.

Does anybody here remember about apple advertising something as "perfect" and then changing completely direction?
I'm talking about real advertising and not things like "Steve said we would never get anything like the ipad mini".
Maybe some kind of apple "phablet" will be released but no way this will a happen in a near future IMO.
A company like apple could never make that kind of advertising WORLDWIDE and then just go toward the opposite direction just few months later... Don't you think?

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
I would love to see a 4.8 inch screen option. I feel like it would drastically change the way I do my work. Look how successful the iPad Mini is... A larger iPhone would be welcomed by many.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.