Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
I'm reporting this thread for obvious trolling. Stop lying about cases and stop lying about applecare.

For $99 I can keep my iPhone naked, knowing that if I drop it, I get a new one for $50.

I don't need to buy a huge bulky case. I can keep it in my pocket.

I've dropped it a few times, with minimal damage. One day I might drop it and break it. I don't need to depend on a $80 Otterbox that makes the phone twice its bulk, while taking away from that beautiful gorilla glass.

This is my recommendation for the best protection for your iPhone. It costs a bit more, but look at what you get!

Enjoy your iPhone naked. The way it was born. Get AppleCare+.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
The only thing I worry about with my naked iPhone is scratching the back all to hell. But if it really becomes an issue you can either buy a knock off (but identical) replacement back on ebay for $10, or you can take it to an Apple store and they'll replace the back for $30 (though I've heard of some people getting them to do it for free).

AC+ just seems a little over priced for my needs.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
For $99 I can keep my iPhone naked, knowing that if I drop it, I get a new one for $50.

I don't need to buy a huge bulky case. I can keep it in my pocket.

I've dropped it a few times, with minimal damage. One day I might drop it and break it. I don't need to depend on a $80 Otterbox that makes the phone twice its bulk, while taking away from that beautiful gorilla glass.
Note the "I"'s in your OP? Not everyone shares your preferences. That's why.

Why do you think everyone should follow your preferences over their own?

lbhskier37

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Ask yourself one question: why a company sells an insurance plan? They are in the business to make money.

With AppleCare+, you pay $100 so that if your phone is damaged, you only have to pay another $50 for a replacement.

Without Applecare+, you pay nothing if you don't need a replacement. If you do, you pay $225.

So you either lose $100 if your phone never needs replacement with AC+, or save $75 with AC+ if your phone need to be replaced.

I didn't get AC+ after I looked at the numbers that way.

Wow someone who understands math! I've never understood why anyone gets AppleCare that knows this.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
In 20 years of cell phone use, and now with 4 phones on my plan, only one has needed to be replaced due to an unfortunate trip through a washing machine. (Not my phone, my son's) That one was replaced with an available upgrade. For the amount of money we have saved not buying insurance/apple care, I could replace phones many times over and still come out ahead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.