Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam P McCready

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Derby, England
Hello all,

I have been looking for way of altering the order of options in the drop down menu items and wondered if anyone had the knowledge. Specifically I would like when selecting "Move" in pages to have the "Choose" option first instead of at the bottom of the long list of other folders that appears. If it isn't enormously hazardous to do I can probably think of a lot of uses for this to speed up my workflow or should I be looking at another method? I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

A.

Adam P McCready

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Derby, England
Really? That would be a shame.
I was working on the basis that there must be something within the apps code somewhere that could be altered otherwise the order would be arbitrary or alphabetical.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Really? That would be a shame.
I was working on the basis that there must be something within the apps code somewhere that could be altered otherwise the order would be arbitrary or alphabetical.

It IS within the apps code, but since you have no access to the code it doesn't matter. You can only alter it if you re-compile the code and you have no access to the source code.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
You *may* be able to rearrange something in the nib if you have Xcode. I remember doing it back in about OS 10.2 but I have no idea whether it's still possible (and depends on the app).

Adam P McCready

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Derby, England
You *may* be able to rearrange something in the nib if you have Xcode. I remember doing it back in about OS 10.2 but I have no idea whether it's still possible (and depends on the app).

That is pretty much what I had in mind but I am way off being capable of diving in and having a go myself. I thought I would see if anyone else with more knowledge and expertise than myself had any experience of trying and could pass on a few tips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.