Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rufinatti

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012

Attachments

• spidey.jpg
    spidey.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 203

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Usually I can do my own wallpapers but I want something that I cannot figure out how to do (and as I cant sit at my desktop for any length of time due to my surgery; I can play with photoshop).

Could someone clever make the holes type wallpaper from the leopard print (so its a leopard print with the sunken app icon placeholders)>?

Thanks

Attachments

• leopard.jpg
    leopard.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 875
  • woodslots.jpg
    woodslots.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 168

rufinatti

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Usually I can do my own wallpapers but I want something that I cannot figure out how to do (and as I cant sit at my desktop for any length of time due to my surgery; I can play with photoshop).

Could someone clever make the holes type wallpaper from the leopard print (so its a leopard print with the sunken app icon placeholders)>?

Thanks

not exactly the same; but pretty close.

hope your recovery goes quickly. :)

as to how the image was done.

1) I did a google search for iPhone 5 home screen so that I could get the proper icon spacing (I've only got an iPhone 4 so I needed the extra space).

2) I duplicated some of the icons so that all 5 rows were full.

3) I made a careful selection around just the icons then deleted the background.

4) with that done, I now have a template which can be used to make the indentations. (see attached file)

5) I used google image search to find a higher resolution copy of the cheetah pattern that you used since yours was only 900 pixels high and iPhone 5 resolution is 640 x 1136. Your image would work fine, but I like to use the highest quality images I can find so I don't have to scale them up and introduce artifacts.

6) I cropped the hi-res cheetah pattern down to 640 x 1136

7) with the cheetah pattern as the background layer, I then copied my icon template as a new layer above the background layer.

8) make a selection of the icons by highlighting the icon layer then holding down the command key (yes, I'm a mac user as well) and click on the icon layer in the layers palette.

9) expand the selection by 10 pixels to make the holes larger by choosing "expand..." under the Select menu

10) turn off the icons layer. the selection should remain active.

11) make the cheetah pattern the active layer then press command+j to copy part of the cheetah pattern to a new layer

12) select the new layer that was just created then add a drop down bevel using the layer effects palette. I used a setting of 10 pixels for the drop down and a light source angle of 60 degrees.

13) add an inner shadow with similar settings as those above

14) merge your layers and save in the image format of your choice.

easy peasy :D :D

Attachments

• cheetah.jpg
    cheetah.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 712
  • icons.png
    icons.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

tiggger

macrumors G4
Feb 19, 2010
Anybody ever seen or possibly make a wallpaper like this but with the state of Colorado flag?

here's some with the same wood style as the American flag you posted... :)

Attachments

• Colorado Flag 01.jpg
    Colorado Flag 01.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 2,906
  • Colorado Flag 02.jpg
    Colorado Flag 02.jpg
    961.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Colorado Flag 03.jpg
    Colorado Flag 03.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 217
  • Colorado Flag 04.jpg
    Colorado Flag 04.jpg
    942.8 KB · Views: 1,782

pippogio

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
iphone 5

HEY GUYS
i want this wallpaper but to put inside these logos
ex twiter facebook APPLE olympiakos vodafone

Can we do it ?

thanks in advance

WITH BLACK BACKROUND

Attachments

• Red.jpeg
    Red.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 195
  • imgres-2.jpeg
    imgres-2.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,764
  • imgres-1.jpeg
    imgres-1.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,804
  • imgres.jpeg
    imgres.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,801

DuKid Della

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
Does anyone knows where I can find this wallpaper?

Attachments

• Doodles-Color-Skin-Sticker-For-font-b-IPhone-b-font-4s-With-Screen-Protection-font-b.jpg
    Doodles-Color-Skin-Sticker-For-font-b-IPhone-b-font-4s-With-Screen-Protection-font-b.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 520
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.