Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Investors/analysts on many sites say Apple is going down. There are others that say its the best time to buy after a $60 drop. Do you guys think they will continue dropping or pick back up come the next keynote?

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
for the last 4 months now, apple stock has been a downer, hardly any gains even with good economic news. i wouldn't touch apple now. i'm sticking with apple, thats because i lost a lot of money off it because of the selloff yesterday. i have no choice, but if i can figure out a way to break even with apple, i'm selling that stock and i aint looking back.

ct1211

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
Michigan
for the last 4 months now, apple stock has been a downer, hardly any gains even with good economic news. i wouldn't touch apple now. i'm sticking with apple, thats because i lost a lot of money off it because of the selloff yesterday. i have no choice, but if i can figure out a way to break even with apple, i'm selling that stock and i aint looking back.

Sell off yesterday? Apple has dropped over $325.00 in the last few months. Apple is the new love to hate company. Report record profits, stock still drops 10% - Not good enough for the street. I see a $400.00 bottom in late feb, followed by a March $200 jump after they announce new gadgets.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Sell off yesterday? Apple has dropped over $325.00 in the last few months. Apple is the new love to hate company. Report record profits, stock still drops 10% - Not good enough for the street. I see a $400.00 bottom in late feb, followed by a March $200 jump after they announce new gadgets.

Agreed. Don't know what to expect in the March keynote though.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
I am getting ready to buy more!
2 shares or so.

Fundamentals are really good, if not excellent, and competition from Android tablets is not really as bad as seems (someone wrote the cheap android tabs hurt the brand).

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK

Why? why has this changed all of a sudden? who starts these almost like tantrums and takes the hump in deciding people should boycott them?

Since Christmas all I ever heard was iPhone and iPad's for Christmas rave.

Who sets these trends that decide not to buy...

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012

It might be record profits but the growth is becoming stagnant. Apple made more money than ever but they made nearly the same amount of profit as the last quarter. They margins are compressed and their cost is on the rise.

That is why people are lowering their valuation of the stock and either dumping it because the ride is over and paying less for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.