Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
im trying to draw a perfect circle by holding down the shift key and using the elliptical marquee tool. then filling in the line via stroke. and this is what happened

ive tried both clicking and unclicking anti alias. ive tried setting the 'stroke location' inside center and outside

screenshot20130124at324.png

why are the edges squared off like that?

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Perhaps you drew the circle and then expanded the canvas size? When the selection got close to the original document bounds, it would snap to the document edges which are, of course, flat.

VideoNewbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Perhaps you drew the circle and then expanded the canvas size? When the selection got close to the original document bounds, it would snap to the document edges which are, of course, flat.

i see what ur saying but thats not at all what happened...i drew the circle within the confines of the canvas size so this shouldnt be happening
and also .the reason it looks pixelated is because i enlarged it so u all could see where it squares off..

PrePressAcrobat

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010

-----
Try saving as Photoshop PDF (Press Quality)and
open with Acrobat
to see if the entire circle is there.
It could be a Photoshop "view" thing.
Vector "views" suck inside of Photoshop
where they are perfect in the RIP.

MSD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.