Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not surprised at the bending - aluminum does that, but I am about the glass since the mini's glass seems thinner then other iPad

ALMF

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I find this really hard to believe. Maybe a little bend but not that much. Even if the display or body could bend that much with out a crack, it is hard to believe that the battery, internal components, and or ribbon connections would not have been damaged from such bend.

So untill I see a video of a bent iPad mini working. I can’t believe the OP

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I find this really hard to believe. Maybe a little bend but not that much. Even if the display or body could bend that much with out a crack, it is hard to believe that the battery, internal components, and or ribbon connections would not have been damaged from such bend.

I wouldn't recommend it, but I can certainly wrap my mind around the concept :)
http://cdn2.ubergizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/iPhone-5-Tordu-00-640x468.jpg

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida

Sorry I can't accommodate you. I'm not about to push my luck trying to repeat this just so I can video tape it for you. I guess you'll just have to remain a non-believer.... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.