Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
When I'm editing the track/album details in iTunes it autofills, quite often wrongly, and it can sometimes be a bit of a hassle to get it to fill in with what you want. Is there a way to turn off this feature?

Cheers

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
When I'm editing the track/album details in iTunes it autofills, quite often wrongly, and it can sometimes be a bit of a hassle to get it to fill in with what you want. Is there a way to turn off this feature?
I don't know of any way to turn off autofill, but that's a good thing. It helps avoid multiple variations of the same artist, album artist, album name, etc. Autofill suggestions come from existing data in your library, so if you're getting a suggestion you feel shouldn't be there, it's because at least one track in your library has that information. I've used it to identify and correct spelling and capitalization errors on some tracks.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I don't know of any way to turn off autofill, but that's a good thing. It helps avoid multiple variations of the same artist, album artist, album name, etc. Autofill suggestions come from existing data in your library, so if you're getting a suggestion you feel shouldn't be there, it's because at least one track in your library has that information. I've used it to identify and correct spelling and capitalization errors on some tracks.

Whilst I agree with most of this, quite often you're typing one thing and it fills it in with another correct name, but not the name you want. Every time you retype it it puts in the name you don't want. I either have to copy and paste from somewhere, or put in a hyphen or something and then go back and delete it when I've finished :confused:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Whilst I agree with most of this, quite often you're typing one thing and it fills it in with another correct name, but not the name you want. Every time you retype it it puts in the name you don't want. I either have to copy and paste from somewhere, or put in a hyphen or something and then go back and delete it when I've finished :confused:
Yes, it can be a pain sometimes. Copy/paste is the best workaround I've found. Of course, I've used scripts for a lot of that clean-up and renaming process, which helps in many cases.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012

hotrod351

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
Mohave Valley Arizona
thats what ive been trying to do for weeks, get rid of autofill, it does the same thing to me, misspells a name to what it thinks it should be, totally useless feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.