Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cinnabun93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
I have an otterbox defender for both my 4s and ipad 2 and I was thinking of just ditching cases and screen protectors all together.

GP_1

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2011
iPhone 5 is naked right now. I plan on getting a case eventually though. Too risky to always have it naked!

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
iPhone 5- naked
iPad 1 - with official case

Yep, still rocking the first gen iPad.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I have an Otterbox commuter on my 4S and a Speck Folio on my iPad. For some reason I don't really care if my iPad gets scratched/nicked here and there, but I keep the folio to protect the screen while its in my backpack. Still, not that great protection.

tiartrop

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
I do, I drop my phone all the time out of clumsiness; a case gives a better grip.
Same thing with iPad too.

My brother doesn't use case for his iPhone 4 and he's the most careless human being I know with his phone. That poor thing is all scratched up, dented and the glass on the back panel is cracked. Surprisingly still works though.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
iPhone 5 naked

Tried a case for a while but it was a shame to cover up the design

iPad mini with Smart Cover

The back seems very scratch resistant, like the iPhone 5 so no problems there

Of course if I drop either device i'm probably screwed but i'm not too worried

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Screen protectors on all.

iPhone ... Spigen leather Illuzion case, indigo and lemon, which I love because it's beautifully made, lovely colours, perfect fit, easy to use the phone in the case or take it out, and good protection, but it's more like a wallet than a case, I don't want the phone encased i like its design and I like to see it.

iPads .. Just smart covers, blue on ipad2, orange on ipad4.
I suspect that encasing especially the retina iPads might make them run hotter, but I don't know if that's true ... Anyway, I don't care about minor scratching on the back, I do care about protecting the screens. Carry then in slim-fit bags, with pocket on front for the charger and BTkeyboard and a skinny plastic stand fit neatly in the back pocket. Have an Apple BT Keyboard, but usually use the Logitech solar 760 for both iPads and Air, as it has 3 function keys for switching to each. All super portable. The ipads even with keyboard and the stand, carried with shoulder straps, are not heavy.

And a striped satchel for my Air, and pink keyboard cover.

A colour fest!

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
And ... The iPad bags are STM brand, I bought the 13" laptop size as this fits the keyboard. They are nice colours too copper brown on outside and orange or green inside. Polyester, featherlight, I didn't want bulk, they are the best I've seen for iPads, or 13" laptops in terms of ... Compact, weightless, good protection, while also fitting accessories, including stylus and camera connection adaptor.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Case for iPhone
IMG_1197.jpg

Smart cover for iPad
iPadCvrGrn-large.jpg

gregski

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Shelton, WA
I am using the Ballistic Every1 case on my iP5. I have always had cases & screen protectors on my phones. Helps immensely in the resale.

BillyBarnes

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
No, I don't use either screen protector or case. I actually do not like the case. It makes my phone look quite thick.

Since one of the best things about iPhone is its build quality and if I use any case, it hides the build quality which I do not like. And so far I have not found any good case which can make my phone look better. :)

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
Honeymoon phase of babying the iPhone 5 is over for me. With that said, I never had used a case/screen protector at all, no Apple Care either

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have the SPIGEN Thin Air case for my iPhone 5 since I like to go for a more minimalist looking case. When I bought my fiance her iPad for her birthday, I just got her the Apple smart case for the front screen. Neither of us are fans of bulky cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.