Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
My status hasn't changed, still says "processing" I ordered on the 7th January. There's still time tho its only 8:00am hear in the UK.

Really hate this wait it feels like forever even tho its only been 2 weeks and 4 days. Ordered through the university HE student discount. So get 3 years Apple care for free :) from the posts I've seen tho I may need it. There seems to be a few people mentioning problems :(

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
My status hasn't changed, still says "processing" I ordered on the 7th January. There's still time tho its only 8:00am hear in the UK.

Really hate this wait it feels like forever even tho its only been 2 weeks and 4 days. Ordered through the university HE student discount. So get 3 years Apple care for free :) from the posts I've seen tho I may need it. There seems to be a few people mentioning problems :(

AppleCare is a no brainer anyway. It's free (-telephone support) or ) £45 with tel. Support. Even full price ( I think £165) it's great value. It's the only extended warranty I ever buy and usually change my iMac when it runs out after 3 years. It's worth it for 3 years peace of mind.

Mines still processing despite Apple taking the money yesterday. Will call them later

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Mine as you can see here is incoming in Florence,
now it stucks still in Milano after a very long travel between
Germany and Italy,,,i didn't realize Italy was so far from Europe..
actually it takes more to come from Germany to Milano than
to travel out from China to France...its..weird..,why not
to ship them
( because i'm not the only one...in one another forum we are
commenting this and also the unrespectful treatment Ups gave me about asking which was next destination ..having back just that they cannot say to me anything...,quite arrogantly IMO without any Ups kind of useful specific data .
I guess it was for some kind of security and not in the name of my...privacy.
I have to say that it was easy to follow all the steps between Shanghai and Charles de Gaulle finding the flight using the names of the airports arrival and departures and their timing..and it was a nice experience..ruined in Europe.

from France to Milano-Rome-Pisa-Bologna by flight?...

Ok.this is my "story"

Milano, Italy 01/24/2013 7:54 P.M. Arrival Scan
Herne-Boernig, Germany 01/24/2013 2:17 A.M. Departure Scan
Herne-Boernig, Germany 01/23/2013 7:47 A.M. Arrival Scan
Koeln, Germany 01/23/2013 5:33 A.M. Departure Scan
01/23/2013 12:30 A.M. Import Scan
Koeln, Germany 01/22/2013 11:18 P.M. Arrival Scan
Roissy Charles de Gaulle, France 01/22/2013 10:16 P.M. Departure Scan
01/22/2013 8:19 P.M. Arrival Scan
Philadelphia, PA, United States 01/22/2013 7:52 A.M. Departure Scan
01/22/2013 6:55 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 01/22/2013 4:55 A.M. Departure Scan
Philadelphia, PA, United States 01/22/2013 4:54 A.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 01/22/2013 3:31 A.M. Departure Scan
01/22/2013 12:46 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 01/21/2013 3:17 P.M. Departure Scan
01/21/2013 12:35 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 01/21/2013 8:57 P.M. Departure Scan
01/21/2013 3:47 P.M. Export Scan
Shanghai, China 01/19/2013 7:55 P.M. Arrival Scan
01/19/2013 6:55 P.M. Departure Scan
01/19/2013 3:24 P.M. Origin Scan
China 01/19/2013 10:46 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Just dying waiting for it.
I hope everything has worked well and safe...
i "cry" seeing the ones
arrived chipped....

Last edited:

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
AppleCare is a no brainer anyway. It's free (-telephone support) or ) £45 with tel. Support. Even full price ( I think £165) it's great value. It's the only extended warranty I ever buy and usually change my iMac when it runs out after 3 years. It's worth it for 3 years peace of mind.

Mines still processing despite Apple taking the money yesterday. Will call them later

Especially when you have paid over £2000 for a computer the peace of mind is valuable. If they have taken your money then I think it will probably be shipping soon. I haven't seen any movement on my order since I placed it :( do they work over the weekends? By that I mean if my order doesn't change to "preparing" today could it do so Tomorrow (Saturday)?

Order on 7 January 2013

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz

16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB

3TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Apple Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad

Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)

Apple Battery Charger

Accessory Kit

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Especially when you have paid over £2000 for a computer the peace of mind is valuable. If they have taken your money then I think it will probably be shipping soon. I haven't seen any movement on my order since I placed it :( do they work over the weekends? By that I mean if my order doesn't change to "preparing" today could it do so Tomorrow (Saturday)?

Order on 7 January 2013

3TB Fusion Drive

Apple Battery Charger

Accessory Kit

I hope so. I'll check the spreadsheet in a bit to see what's happened on previous weekends.
Honestly I'm losing the will to live. If only Apple would communicate with us. Even if they couldn't change a delivery date ( or non date) just some communication would be good

It's clear as day that this is not FCFS. It's that that's pissing me off.

It's making my blood boil that they are sending BTO models to stores before fulfilling their existing orders. I'm considering camping outside a store all night to get one

Yet again being a loyal Apple customer and buying early comes back to kick you in the teeth

snwau

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Oh man... I don't know if I could handle that. Way too much anticipation. I need all or nothing, none of this half ass business.

Yeah I know :) so far nothing else has changed, haven't taken my money yet, but now I'm checking order status every five damn minutes.

Well that just went and got me excited as I had ordered on the 6th, but upon checking (for the bazillionth time this week), my 'Cancel' button is still just as bright and shiny as ever. :(

The entire order processing is very chaotic, hopefully you see some change soon!

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK

Order on 7 January 2013

•
•
3TB Fusion Drive
•
•
•
•
Apple Battery Charger
•
Accessory Kit

@oililymad, has your status changed today?

No. And the money really has gone ie no Pre authorisation

I have no earthly idea what's going on.
Honestly I think we would have been better trying our luck in the stores.

Called Apple. They don't know anything. What a surprise !

Jameshrcairns

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
Just a heads up.. I think there might be even more of a delay on the 3.4gHz i7 3tb fusion 680 Mx combo.. On the spreadsheet that seems to Be the one that's taking the longest.. And I'm still waiting from ordering on 27th December..

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Just a heads up.. I think there might be even more of a delay on the 3.4gHz i7 3tb fusion 680 Mx combo.. On the spreadsheet that seems to Be the one that's taking the longest.. And I'm still waiting from ordering on 27th December..

I think you are right. I wonder which specific component it is?

If I had to guess I would say it was the 3Tb fusion

Jameshrcairns

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
I think you are right. I wonder which specific component it is?

If I had to guess I would say it was the 3Tb fusion

Most likely yeah. However I ordered it with all the most popular components which included 8gb ram so that's probably why mine is taking years to be sorted out..

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Most likely yeah. However I ordered it with all the most popular components which included 8gb ram so that's probably why mine is taking years to be sorted out..

The Law of Sod :p

I've decided to try to forget about it until Monday. Though it won't be easy staring at a dead 2009 iMac and having no other computer available. iPad died a couple of weeks ago too

Thank god for iPhones ( even if the buttons are dodgy!)

Maybe I need to go cold turkey from Apple products!!

Pebbles856

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Ordered January 6

Ordered January 6
Preparing for shipment January 25

New York

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

Jameshrcairns

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
The Law of Sod :p

I've decided to try to forget about it until Monday. Though it won't be easy staring at a dead 2009 iMac and having no other computer available. iPad died a couple of weeks ago too

Thank god for iPhones ( even if the buttons are dodgy!)

Maybe I need to go cold turkey from Apple products!!

Even worse for me! I ordered one on the 2nd December which came on the 26th with the wrong spec! My ipad is now my main computer..

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Ordered January 6
Preparing for shipment January 25

New York

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
COUNTRY KIT

That is very very good news!

Gives me hope, thank you for posting

----------

Even worse for me! I ordered one on the 2nd December which came on the 26th with the wrong spec! My ipad is now my main computer..

The wrong spec? I'd scream after waiting that long :p

My main computer is now an iPhone 5 :)Which accounts for all my typos! Not much good for work though!

ag1571

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
mine shipped over night...

Fedex says Wednesday delivery. Interestingly MacMall now says they have my model in stock. I guess once the gates are open, they are open. Glad the waiting is over.

A.

ArtieFufkin10

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2012
arggghhh

Still stuck in processing for nearly 3 weeks.

I'm really wondering if my choice of the 3TB Fusion and/or the 675MX are moving me to the back of the queue. Also, I haven't seen a lot of activity for US shipments on the spreadsheet.

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Ordered January 20th, 27inch, 3.4, 680mx and 1TB fusion drive. Delivery between February 15-25.

BUT, called the Apple store today and they had the exact same options in stock. Cancelled my order and picked one up a month early!

cgill421

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Ordered January 12th at about 9am. Michigan.

Base 27" with 1TB Fusion as only upgrade.

Still processing. Delivery estimated for Feb 11-19. :rolleyes:

So after hearing some success stories about calling a local store and picking them up straight away, I called mine and they guy on the phone said they had my configuration in stock! Went down there and he must have misheard me, they had the base 27", but not with the Fusion upgrade. So disappointed. Went from pure bliss to dejected. Back to the wait...

robjulo

Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
So after hearing some success stories about calling a local store and picking them up straight away, I called mine and they guy on the phone said they had my configuration in stock! Went down there and he must have misheard me, they had the base 27", but not with the Fusion upgrade. So disappointed. Went from pure bliss to dejected. Back to the wait...

Keep checking. My store only had base models when I checked last week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.