Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
According to the developer's tweet news, they keep submitting to apple and keep falling onto game-breaking bugs. Makes you wonder what the windows version looked like during launch.

It wasn't pretty. Last I knew they were still patching and fixing bugs. :(

I am glad the Mac App store tests and will not accept games that don't work properly.

Last edited:

ultra7k

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I heard the last submission was rejected due to an error with the touchpad in game.

Hopefully this is the last hurdle they have to jump before it gets approved!

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Does Apple even have the resources to test/play every game submitted to the App Store?

Hmmm. Does Apple have resources . . .

Is the Pacific Ocean damp?
Is Antarctica kinda chilly this time of year?

I think Apple has the resources to do whatever it is Apple decides it wants to do.

Like land a person on Mars. Fund research for Fusion power. Or cut a $143 check for every human being alive today.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Hmmm. Does Apple have resources . . .

Is the Pacific Ocean damp?
Is Antarctica kinda chilly this time of year?

I think Apple has the resources to do whatever it is Apple decides it wants to do.

Like land a person on Mars. Fund research for Fusion power. Or cut a $143 check for every human being alive today.

I would like Apple to end all strife and wars in the world. Make unicorns. And turn Diablo III into a beloved ultra-popular game for once.

OK, so 2 out of 3 is still doable.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
All I want Apple to do is to fix current graphic card drivers. They can, but Cook knows if they will. :D

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
All I want Apple to do is to fix current graphic card drivers. They can, but Cook knows if they will. :D

Technically, the graphics card companies (Nvidia, ATI) are the only ones that can "fix" the drivers for the cards they make. Once they issue updated drivers, they merely send them to Apple. And then Apple incorporates the latest graphics updates/patches on whatever the upcoming OS X Update will be (e.g. 10.8.3 is the next one for Mtn Lion).

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
Technically, the graphics card companies (Nvidia, ATI) are the only ones that can "fix" the drivers for the cards they make. Once they issue updated drivers, they merely send them to Apple. And then Apple incorporates the latest graphics updates/patches on whatever the upcoming OS X Update will be (e.g. 10.8.3 is the next one for Mtn Lion).

After Mountain Lion release, Nvidia told me that:

"We manufacture the base chipset i.e. the Graphics Processing Units (GPUs), which is then sold to our partner companies like PNY, EVGA, XFX, MSI, LEADTEK, etc...and to some OEMs like Dell, IBM, HP, Apple etc. These manufacturers custom design the graphics card using our chipset technology & provide warranty, accessories & custom drivers for the graphics card."

From which I got the impression that Apple themselves updates their graphic card drivers for OS X.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.