Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do You Use Passbook??

• YES

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • NO

Votes: 84 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I wish I could add my reward cards like the keyring app does that way I could keep everything in one app

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I use it for my AMEX card, it automatically pops up when I swipe the card or my wife does. I used it when I flew home at Christmas and it made the checking in so fast and on one leg of the flight people already checked in got a shorter line. I saw so many people playing with iPhones and holding paper boarding passes. One less paper to lose during the flight is great IMO

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I use it for movie tickets, Starbucks, and novelties.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 67

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
I used it for my boarding passes when I traveled this past Christmas, worked really good with my United app. I hope more devs utilize more in the future.

Hey is it awkward when you give your phone to the guy who checks your ID and pass before you enter the security check in the airport? Or do you use a paper pass for him/her and the mobile pass for the Gate scan only?

Im thinking of using only the mobile boardin pass, but it might be awkward when everyone next to me in line uses paper while I hand him/her my phone.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Hey is it awkward when you give your phone to the guy who checks your ID and pass before you enter the security check in the airport? Or do you use a paper pass for him/her and the mobile pass for the Gate scan only?

Im thinking of using only the mobile boardin pass, but it might be awkward when everyone next to me in line uses paper while I hand him/her my phone.

I usually don't give a damn of what others around me think. I have seen many people board the plane with their phones.

The tsa checkpoint should have a scanner where you scan your phone screen and the officer can verify your identity.

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
All the time for movie tickets via Fandango. Will try it for boarding passes for an upcoming vacation.

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
I usually don't give a damn of what others around me think. I have seen many people board the plane with their phones.

The tsa checkpoint should have a scanner where you scan your phone screen and the officer can verify your identity.

Thanks, that puts my mind at ease.

Going to try using only mobile passes from now on - and honestly its a LOT more convenient and less likely to get misplaced.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I fly very often. Very easy to do online checkin. Have only carry on bags and then proceed straight to gate with boarding pass on phone.

I can arrive at the airport literally 15 minutes before a flight and walk straight through.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Saw (what I was told are) NFC terminals being installed today at a Macys store. Do they know something we don't???

toille4

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Used it just last week for my boarding pass...very handy :) showed about four other people who were traveling with me how to use it too and they thought it was 'so cool'.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Yeh I am a heavy user thanks to apps like Lemon Wallet. Allows me to add all my loyalty and membership cards to passbook. Currently have:

Delta
Fandango
Starbucks
Target
Walgreens
CVS
Billguard
Gym Membership
2 Museum memberships
Drivers License
Starwood Card
Marriott Card
3-4 other loyalty cards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.