Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pknudsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Hi all.

I am trying to point out a position on my map and send this to a friend... BUT what I am getting is the post address (and NOT the coordinates) close to the pin on the map - and THIS post address is what will be sent to my friend... I think this is a problem - i.e. I want to send a location far far from any roads or anything - then i just place my pin on the map - and in iOS5 the GPS coordinates will sent - and this is not possible in iOS6. Why...???? Or what am I missing...?

BTW: it is the same for apple maps and google maps as well....!!!

Last edited:

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
Hi all.

I am trying to point out a position on my map and send this to a friend... BUT what I am getting is the post address (and NOT the coordinates) close to the pin on the map - and THIS post address is what will be sent to my friend... I think this is a problem - i.e. I want to send a location far far from any roads or anything - then i just place my pin on the map - and in iOS5 the GPS coordinates will sent - and this is not possible in iOS6. Why...???? Or what am I missing...?

BTW: it is the same for apple maps and google maps as well....!!!

You are right, it is not possible in either Apple's Maps or Google Maps, and it is an annoyance.

Try Maps+ you can copy GPS coordinates from a dropped pin in that app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.