Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
NC
For instance, when I download a video using safari I can watch it in dtunes which comes in handy when I'm away from the mac. The problem is that dtunes will not work with the video output cable..:(

I was wondering if there is some way, without using a computer, that I can move the mp4 file from the folder that the safari DL plugin it saves to, into the folder where the iPod application's videos are stored... Is it possible to use the mobile terminal app for this? I'm not familiar with terminal applications, so I thought I'd ask. :D

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
You can't just move the file in where the videos are stored, you'd have to update the iTunes database file before it would show up in the iPod application.

But you could probably move it in where the videos are stored on MXTube, or the like.

To move files you can either install MobileFinder, or you could use MobileTerminal and use the "mv" command to move the files.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
you do know this post is 6 years old right! :eek: I realize you are trying to be helpful but the thread starter hasn't been on in 3 years and the general well he got banned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.