Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Critterbug

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Foster City, CA
When I leave my air plugged in and asleep with the lid down for a few hours, it won't wake when I open it. I end up pressing the power button and holding it several times before it will turn back on. It doesn't make the requisite turning off sounds either, but it boots like I've turned it off and then on again.
Any ideas?

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Sounds like its in deep sleep which happens after 1 hour. Sometimes I think it isnt booting up but it just takes a while to wake up from that state.

You should try an SMC and PRAM reset to see if that fixes your issue.

Critterbug

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Foster City, CA
Sounds like its in deep sleep which happens after 1 hour. Sometimes I think it isnt booting up but it just takes a while to wake up from that state.

You should try an SMC and PRAM reset to see if that fixes your issue.

I don't know what that is. Also, I just remembered that just before this started, I would come home from work, grab it, and noticed it would be hot, as though I'd been watching videos, though it had only been plugged in and asleep, not used for hours.
Now, of course, it's cold when I unplug it.:confused:

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
I don't know what that is. Also, I just remembered that just before this started, I would come home from work, grab it, and noticed it would be hot, as though I'd been watching videos, though it had only been plugged in and asleep, not used for hours.
Now, of course, it's cold when I unplug it.:confused:

Your MBA gets hot? Mine never gets over slightly warm..........

Critterbug

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Foster City, CA
Your MBA gets hot? Mine never gets over slightly warm..........

Actually, when I woke it tonight, it woke right away, but it was warm again. I don't mean hot like some computes do when watching videos. Not that warm, but warm like an air gets. It does get warmer when watching videos.
This time I left it plugged in when I woke it. Maybe that's what made the difference? But really, I don't think it should be warm after being fully charged for several hours.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Actually, when I woke it tonight, it woke right away, but it was warm again. I don't mean hot like some computes do when watching videos. Not that warm, but warm like an air gets. It does get warmer when watching videos.
This time I left it plugged in when I woke it. Maybe that's what made the difference? But really, I don't think it should be warm after being fully charged for several hours.

Dunno, I do know I was surprised by by there being any heat off the air at all. I also had a 15" rMBP and it never heated up, even when watching movies. I guess cuz the air is thinner you do feel a bit of heat?

Yeah, mine always stays plugged in unless I'm traveling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.