Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Strange issue I've came across this evening.

I can view every month in 2013, and in any order, however each time I select March Calendar crashes. I have a Gen 4 iPad. My girlfriend is having the same issue with her 2nd Gen.

Anyone else experiencing this? Found a resolution?

CJ

----------

Issue only seems to happen in "Year" view.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Ah I wasn't aware of that! Thank you for clearing that up. I'll use my iPhone to access my calendar and push all my March appointments to April. That's going to be a busy month for me now.

If anyone has a serious answer or advice of any sort it would be greatly appreciated.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
My March looks ok on iOS 6.0.1 on iPad3.

Do you have an iCloud or local calender ? You could check via web if there is some entry causing the problem.
Or you get get an additional calender app and see if that behave the same way; and might can use that to clean up entires.

Simple things like restart you tired ?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Your iPad heard a rumour it was going to be outdated in March and so has put a kibosh on the whole month.

but yeah works fine here on an iPhone 4S / 5 iPad mini & iPad 3 so I suggest a reset or maybe turn iCloud syncing off and back on for calendar.

handyman46

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Amazing

Strange issue I've came across this evening.

I can view every month in 2013, and in any order, however each time I select March Calendar crashes. I have a Gen 4 iPad. My girlfriend is having the same issue with her 2nd Gen.

Anyone else experiencing this? Found a resolution?

CJ

----------

Issue only seems to happen in "Year" view.

I read your post and found it rather strange, so just out of curiosity I tried it on my iPad and it does the same thing!! I tried to trick it by going to the weekly view for March (which works) but when I then tried to opt for the monthly view it crashed. It does this every time. How odd, sorry I don't know what might be causing it or how to resolve it, but I can confirm mine does exactly the same.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I read your post and found it rather strange, so just out of curiosity I tried it on my iPad and it does the same thing!! I tried to trick it by going to the weekly view for March (which works) but when I then tried to opt for the monthly view it crashed. It does this every time. How odd, sorry I don't know what might be causing it or how to resolve it, but I can confirm mine does exactly the same.

Can you post what iPad, and what iOS version you are running.

OP please do the same.

----------

Delete any events you have on the first of April (no I'm not joking!)

I have events on the first and still works on my devices. I deleted them and re-added them to see if I can replicate what they are saying is happening and I couldn't. Strange on.

I'm on iOS 6.02 on all my iOS devices.

handyman46

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
Yes, it's an iPad 3 on 6.0.1 - should have thought of including that info in the first place:(

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Ah I wasn't aware of that! Thank you for clearing that up. I'll use my iPhone to access my calendar and push all my March appointments to April. That's going to be a busy month for me now.

If anyone has a serious answer or advice of any sort it would be greatly appreciated.

Just to follow-up, I tried to recreate this on my iPad 4 (6.0.1) but could not.

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
I don't have any events for April 1st. The only events that appear there are from subscribed calendars which won't allow deletion. (e.g. UK holidays)

So what you mean is you do have events there? Just not what you have created. Un select the calendar and try it.

handyman46

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
So what you mean is you do have events there? Just not what you have created. Un select the calendar and try it.

Ok - I've just tried what you suggested. You're right it does seem to be caused by one of the calendars, I can now view March 2013 IF I deselect the UK holidays calendar. I also have a sun rise/set calendar and March still appears with that calendar left selected. So for me anyway, it seems to be the UK calendar that's caused the issue. I can still view March normally with events showing on April 1st (sun rise/set).

c14nhl's location is Edinburgh, so it looks as though it might be the UK Holidays calendar that's causing this issue for some reason.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.