Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Selfdestrukt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Anyone else notice this. Had to stop relying on my mini as my alarm clock cuz my mini shuts itself down or crashes in the middle of the night when charging. It's always full when I turn it back on but always requires me to hold down home button and sleep button until it reboots.

Anyone else notice this? Was thinking it was a safety function to help prevent over charging but highly That.

My thoughts are something is wrong and may need to warranty it but would like to figure out how to reproduce it in front of Genius Bar.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
That is not normal. I would contact Apple or make an appointment.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Anyone else notice this. Had to stop relying on my mini as my alarm clock cuz my mini shuts itself down or crashes in the middle of the night when charging. It's always full when I turn it back on but always requires me to hold down home button and sleep button until it reboots.

Anyone else notice this? Was thinking it was a safety function to help prevent over charging but highly That.

My thoughts are something is wrong and may need to warranty it but would like to figure out how to reproduce it in front of Genius Bar.

Something isn't right if its doing it in a regular basis. What I would do is a restore and set up as new.
That is not normal. I would contact Apple or make an appointment.

Restore first. That's the first thing they're going to do or tell him to do at Apple. Why waste the time until you've done that already. And always set up as new to see if that fixes the issue. Then you can load your backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.