Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GS3 or Nexus 4?

• GS3

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Nexus 4

Votes: 27 57.4%

• Total voters

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Well they should have picked someone other than LG. LG doesn't have that great of a track record at all. The phone is also uncomfortable to hold compared to the s3 and galaxy nexus.

Honestly the phone almost feels better in hand than the GS3. Not sure why everyone is saying it feels awkward. However, keep in mind LG makes the phone to Googles specifications. It's not the Optimus G to the T, but it's close. It is what it is for $300. :cool:

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Honestly the phone almost feels better in hand than the GS3. Not sure why everyone is saying it feels awkward. However, keep in mind LG makes the phone to Googles specifications. It's not the Optimus G to the T, but it's close. It is what it is for $300. :cool:

Agreed--the Nexus 4 feels more substantial, or high end, in the hand to me as well. And I understand how the rounded back of the GS3 may lend to a more comfortable feeling in the hand for some people but some posters here make it sound like you're holding razor blades with the N4. Maybe it's just the way I hold it--find myself really only touching the edges and the N4 has nicely rounded edges as well, never felt uncomfortable to hold, even for prolonged periods.

But even after all that, I'd still recommend the GS3 based on battery and camera performance alone.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
But even after all that, I'd still recommend the GS3 based on battery and camera performance alone.

Is the battery on the GS3 significantly better than the Nexus 4? This has always been an issue with Android phones for me, iPhones always win for battery life.

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
Is the battery on the GS3 significantly better than the Nexus 4? This has always been an issue with Android phones for me, iPhones always win for battery life.

battery life on iPhone win because screen i barely can get 5 or 6 hours on my nexus 4 on wifi 4:30 on 3g

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.