Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPad Mini ship times have dropped to 3-5 days at a number of Apple Online Stores around the world, including the U.S., Canadian, Australia, New Zealand, Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Japanese outlets. This was first noticed by iPhoneinCanada.ca.

The most notable exception to the shipping time improvement is the European stores, which have a 2 week lead time.

ipadminishiptime.jpg
During its first quarter conference call, Apple executives noted that the iPad mini was constrained for the entire holiday quarter. The company believes it can achieve supply/demand balance on the mini by the end of the March quarter.

Article Link: iPad Mini Ship Times Drop to 3-5 Days on US, Canada, Australia, China, Hong Kong Apple Online Stores

Internaut

macrumors 65816
In my experience this is standard for the UK. What Amazon will happily deliver tomorrow, Apple (and Google too from its Play Devices store) make a promise for a few days. I've no time for that. Once I decide I want something, I'd rather take it tomorrow than wait for next week. I even backed off buying a Chromebook today, after I noticed Amazon were quoting delivery in "business days". Amazon mostly delivers though.

Paint me impatient if you want.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Same here. In an other rumour it was predicted the updated mini will released March. Please, let it be true!

It doesn't make sense for Apple to release all of their iOS devices in Sept/Oct. with nothing of significance being released the first half of 2013 so that's why I think there's hope for a March iPad release and possibly the iPhone in June.

bassfingers

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
Yeah, supply will catch up with demand at the end of the quarter— when everyone stops buying in anticipation of the refresh!

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
They will continue to sell lots of them, particularly once the new one is announced and the price of the older model drops to $279.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
I feel the need to follow certain trends, so here I go:

Apple is doomed because demand has decreased!

Adam22

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
I'm waiting for the ipad mini 2nd gen not really for the retina but for the specs . The 1st gen ipad mini is ipad 2 so I hope the ipad mini 2 comes out march !!!!! I sold my ipad 2 to buy the
Mini till I found out about the specs. Hoping for march !! Don't wanna wait till October

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.