Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Did you try Browsermark and HTML 5 test? Not that specific html 5 test this one, http://html5test.com/

I got the same scores as you

FF39C00E-AFDA-44EB-B252-64D7E7F59D05-595-0000003B20740158.jpg

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
And I can verify that someone else verified it half an hour ago ... as I told you ten minutes ago.

(I would have made my post just a simple: Thank You Apple! But the Forum Board Software said that my post was too Short!)

The bloke who posted one post above your own in the old thread posted proof that it installed on non UDID registered devices.

(So I Apoligize if I annoyed you by mentioning that Beta 4 Expires on Monday, my post was simply NOT Long Enough).

Last edited by a moderator:

jshulman10

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
I don't understand why everyones getting so excited for this update. For a jailbreak? Don't you think Apple will know if theres a hole in 6.1 that allows a jailbreak? Maybe i'm just not informed. Please explain this to me.

----------

I think the "smarter" way to do that would've been to call this GM, let the dev-team release their jailbreak, then Apple could go "Oh, we found this major showstopper bug in the GM, here's a new GM build (that just so happens to kill your shiny new jb exploit)."
I thought all sensibility was gone and then you come in with the first logical statement of the night.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I don't understand why everyones getting so excited for this update. For a jailbreak? Don't you think Apple will know if theres a hole in 6.1 that allows a jailbreak? Maybe i'm just not informed. Please explain this to me.

Jailbreaking dev's usually keep the holes under wraps until the firmware is released so Apple can't patch it before a final release.

If Apple knew about all holes, a jail breaking community probably would have never existed in the first place.

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2010
"Other data"

Anyone know if Apple patched the way that iOS deals with delete iMessage / video / photo data? Meaning delete files stay on the device and start to fill up the "Other Data" category more and more.....

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Yes. That's how it always is here. You either live with it or move to another rumour website.

----------

Not gonna happen. Luckily this is no university assessment article or it'd fail for lack of references to material that was obviously referenced or used from someone else.
Sorry buddy but the joke is over now. You can go try be a smartass somewhere else Tschüss!

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Psh, if I were Apple, I'd leave a "forgivable" flaw in iOS 6.1, then as soon as the jailbreak is released, patch it and release 6.1.1. Oh wait, that exactly what they intend to do...

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Anyone know if Apple patched the way that iOS deals with delete iMessage / video / photo data? Meaning delete files stay on the device and start to fill up the "Other Data" category more and more.....

Elaborate on this please... because I think I have this SAME exact issue.

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Jailbreaking dev's usually keep the holes under wraps until the firmware is released so Apple can't patch it before a final release.

If Apple knew about all holes, a jail breaking community probably would have never existed in the first place.

What stops Apple from fixing the exploit after the jailbreak is released?

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
What stops Apple from fixing the exploit after the jailbreak is released?

As he said, nothing. But devs don't release it asap when a new update is right around the corner since it is likely that their loopholes will still be there unless they release it.

From the devs perspective, they'd like their JB to work on the latest firmware available, and most of the time that means waiting a a month or two to assure it's longevity.

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
Apple is busy working on iOS 7 and the new iOS features will be included. iOS 6.1 was just a trail in the park to kill time especially with all the changes at Cupertino.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Finally, some news on i0s 6.1, Hoping it'll come next week sometime. I hope it will improve performance a little. They seem to have taken their time on this one, testing it thoroughly, the same with mountain lion and the 10.0.3 beta/or gm.

just maybe, just maybe, since they took sooooooooo long with this .x update, ios 7 could be previewed at wwdc, and then released in the fall? since apple isn't putting that many resources to ios 6 testing, could this hint at the possibility that the majority of their resources are being spent on developing a totally awesome and revamped ios7 and thus the long testing period of ios 6.1?

what do you guys think?

update: basically what throys just said

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
lol at the people who are disappointed. Did you really expect an iOS revamp from the ground up from a point release?

You get bug fixes, and some polishes and thats it. Whether you like it...or you like it.

zhivkom

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
just maybe, just maybe, since they took sooooooooo long with this .x update, ios 7 could be previewed at wwdc, and then released in the fall? since apple isn't putting that many resources to ios 6 testing, could this hint at the possibility that the majority of their resources are being spent on developing a totally awesome and revamped ios7 and thus the long testing period of ios 6.1?

what do you guys think?

I'm really counting on that. Apple should continue to think different.

Droidrage729

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
FYI for what it's worth I was running ios 6.0.2 on my vzw ip5 and I just updated with the 6.1.0 beta 5 without a restore and everything went perfect took about 5-10 minutes to update printed a few set up options and all my stuff was still there. I do not have a developer account so yea I just jumped off the plank and it happened to work out well.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
FYI for what it's worth I was running ios 6.0.2 on my vzw ip5 and I just updated with the 6.1.0 beta 5 without a restore and everything went perfect took about 5-10 minutes to update printed a few set up options and all my stuff was still there. I do not have a developer account so yea I just jumped off the plank and it happened to work out well.

if this was possible, then it has to mean that this has to be a GM release and that the final one will be out Monday or Tuesday.

Most likely Tuesday, since Apple likes to launch major things on Tuesday.

Droidrage729

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Apple Seeds iOS 6.1 Beta 5 to Developers

----------

Yea I'm not sure about apples thought process but man I get a certain level of excitement /stupidity rolling the dice on my 800 dollar plus iphone. Honestly I'm not going to start an android iphone thing cause that's ridiculous I I do prefer the way android deals with software updates over apple. Before you stone me I love my ios device love love love it more then most of my android devices I just have this dev account crap and making it an elitist this to test new software lets be a bit more open and share

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California

----------

Yea I'm not sure about apples thought process but man I get a certain level of excitement /stupidity rolling the dice on my 800 dollar plus iphone. Honestly I'm not going to start an android iphone thing cause that's ridiculous I I do prefer the way android deals with software updates over apple. Before you stone me I love my ios device love love love it more then most of my android devices I just have this dev account crap and making it an elitist this to test new software lets be a bit more open and share

So you updated your 5 from 6.0.2 to 6.1 without Dev account and UDID registered?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.