Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
So they're ahead of schedule it would seem for mine by a week.

Yes. Every Apple rep I've spoken with has told me that the 27" iMacs are shipping out a week ahead of schedule, and on top of that you have the complimentary Express Shipping. So...... Yupppp. Now if only Apple would take my dang money, and update my status, LOL. I ordered January 10th in the A.M.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Yes. Every Apple rep I've spoken with has told me that the 27" iMacs are shipping out a week ahead of schedule, and on top of that you have the complimentary Express Shipping. So...... Yupppp. Now if only Apple would take my dang money, and update my status, LOL. I ordered January 10th in the A.M.

Great I paid for the Extra Fast Shipping. $30 The least Apple could do is push me further ahead then in this case. But I know that will never happen. :( So i guess i took a risk to help me get it faster and I lost. I never was good at gambling. :rolleyes:

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
Is this true for all iMacs? Only the 27", or only those who are dangerously near the 4 week limit? Only USA or all countries?
I was referring to the complementary express delivery.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston

Good to know. Finally got the spreadsheet to load and updated. :)

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
Is this true for all iMacs? Only the 27", or only those who are dangerously near the 4 week limit? Only USA or all countries?
I was referring to the complementary express delivery.

I didn't even know they were doing this :confused: hope it's true for us here in the UK. I'm still on preparing to ship since yesterday. Will probably ship tomorrow now with it being Sunday here (UK Time)

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
They are probably a week ahead, but just last week they shipped a lot of iMacs ordered early January, and this week it seems back orders of December are being prioritised, as we see a lot more orders from December being shipped.
So I was hoping mine would ship in the upcoming weekend, but it seems I must wait approximately 10 more days............*it......

debuggr

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Boston, MA
Ordered 2013-01-09. Still processing:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Delivery to Nashua, NH.

Preparing to ship on 2013-01-27.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK

That's the best news I've heard all week.

Hoping my order placed same day changes very very very soon :)

Thank you for posting its made my day:).

( my children now think that my iMac is coming today from my reaction. My husband will be just glad that I shut up talking about it!!)

grizfan

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
I ordered on January 9th a stock entry level iMac. I did swap out the wireless keyboard for the USB keyboard (got to have my 10-key). Still processing, estimated delivery date of February 6 - 13 via standard shipping. Here's the details:

Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers Feb 6 - Feb 13 via Standard Shipping
Configuration
  • 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
  • 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
  • NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
  • APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
  • Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
  • COUNTRY KIT

I hope to get lucky and see it a bit early. This will be my new office computer, so I can retire my Windows 7 PC and start leaving my MacBook Pro at home.

Load it up with my web dev software, Parallels and Windows 7 and 8 for testing. Can't wait!

January 27th - just changed to Preparing for Shipment. The webpage still shows the original estimated delivery date of February 6th - 13th. I don't have access to any email updates because this is a work computer ordered by our office admin, but I'm hopeful for this week now....

Oh... shipping to Boise, Idaho, too

UPdate - My order shipped on January 27th, estimated delivery date January 31st

Last edited:

Miikejs22

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool
Mine is still processing. Ordered on the 9th. Hopefully should change tomorrow but I'll giveyit to Wednesday before I get annoyed as that will be 3 weeks since order. My birthday on Friday and the arrival of an imac would be fantastic! :D

Thought I'd add that my cc still hasn't been charged.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Mine is still processing. Ordered on the 9th. Hopefully should change tomorrow but I'll giveyit to Wednesday before I get annoyed as that will be 3 weeks since order. My birthday on Friday and the arrival of an imac would be fantastic! :D

Thought I'd add that my cc still hasn't been charged.

Same. I am hoping to wake tomorrow to a change in status.
Fingers crossed for both of us. - wonder if it will come down to time of day for order !
Just ordered the cables and adapters for the external display and it's starting to feel real. Can't wait :)

SmithCommaJohn

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
FedEx estimates that my computer will come on Wednesday, but right now the tracking says it's in Oakland (I'm in SF), so I'm pretty sure I'll have it tomorrow.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I see that you updated on the spreadsheet, Thanks for doing that.

----------

Shipped last night, ETA Jan 30 :D

Can you update the spreadsheet to show when yours went to prepared for shipment and then the date it shipped as well ? Thanks.

----------

thanks GOD finally 'Preparing for Shipment'

ordered jan 7th

I did not see you on the spreadsheet, did you update the spreadsheet with your order information? If not could you be so kind as to do so, then it will help us understand Apple's shipping method if we get more people to update their status. The spreadsheet is on the main page of iMac thread. Thanks.

----------

Reminder for Everyone,

Please update the spreadsheet for your shipping status, such as date ordered, when it went to prepared for shipping, and date shipped and of course what you ordered and who you are.

This will help everyone figure out when their status may change. Thank you for your cooperation. The spreadsheet is on the main page of the iMac thread.
Have a nice Day or Night depending on where you are in the World. :)

Last edited:

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Ordered a 27" i7 on the 22nd, delivery window is 22 Feb, 2013 - 01 Mar. Now I need a hobby to distract me from the wait...

Anyone here have a reference for shipping times to Germany?

Saveenee

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
I have a feeling we're going to see quite a few orders turn from "processing" to "preparing for shipment" tomorrow...Knock on wood. I hope mine is one of them.

solarno

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
I have a feeling we're going to see quite a few orders turn from "processing" to "preparing for shipment" tomorrow...Knock on wood. I hope mine is one of them.

That's also what I'm hoping to see. I placed my order on the 6th, and according to the spreadsheet mine is the only 6th order that hasn't changed status. Seeing machines ordered on the 7th, 8th, and 9th change status has made me really antsy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.