Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stanjara

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2011
ML dook

Am i the only one that doesn't want the ML dock? i actually like the current transparent dock better.

inb4 haters

For the "less transparent dock" or Mountain Lion you could do a little trick

Cut down your background picture where the dock is and left it white... then when the dock comes it is transparent to white...ergo less transparent.

Like this:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    292 KB · Views: 134
  • immage.png
    immage.png
    276 KB · Views: 94
  • inmage.png
    inmage.png
    272 KB · Views: 105

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Can't believe they're STILL supporting the 3GS. Hopefully iOS 7 will drop it.

What's wrong with Apple supporting dated hardware like the 3GS? You got something against that particular model? I'm still using it and it works fine.

What's the point of updating to 6.1 then? Should just stay on 6.0.1? No difference anyway.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Quite wrong. Almost every single GM build of iOS and OS X has been released to the public unchanged. Thats what GM is; the "golden master," or what every single retail disc would be pressed from in the old days of physical discs.

He was replying to a poster who wanted to know why the build released today was not released to the public if it's the GM. He was just pointing out that the GM is always released to developers first.

I'm guessing the public release will be Tuesday or Wednesday. That seems to be their usual MO.

Last edited:

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
So, people outside of US (Can't buy movie tickets with Siri) and Europe (No LTE enabling or maybe already have LTE) essentially gets a redesigned lock screen music controls and a larger "report a problem" button in maps, and a mountain heap of bug fixes?

Wonderful..... :rolleyes:

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
With the focus on bug fixes and feature parity (LTE in Europe), I think this sounds more like a 6.0.2. Glancing at iOS 3-5 at Wikipedia, it seems to be turning into the smallest "feature" point release yet in the history of iOS.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
With the focus on bug fixes and feature parity (LTE in Europe), I think this sounds more like a 6.0.2. Glancing at iOS 3-5 at Wikipedia, it seems to be turning into the smallest "feature" point release yet in the history of iOS.

Agreed. Even iPhone OS 1.1.3 had more new features than this. And it's a x.x.1 update.

Apple is changing for the worse.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Agreed. Even iPhone OS 1.1.3 had more new features than this. And it's a x.x.1 update.

Apple is changing for the worse.

I think they've got a very small team working on iOS 6.1. The rest of them are probably busy with iOS 7. Especially if, as the rumours suggest, an iPhone 5S is coming this summer. That means they must be pretty far along with iOS 7 development already, if true. And it may finally have some UI changes if Ive is getting his input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.