Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
GTI or Golf R (I have a regular Golf now that I enjoy but want the beefier engine)

My wife wants a Camaro, so we'll probably get one as a nice summer car

Happy wife, happy life!!! :D

lamborghini-gallardo-spyder-orange+9.jpg

Will probably pick 1 of these up in the summer. I've always loved Lamborghinis and like how this drives vs a Murc, can't swing an Aventador......but the Aventador would be a dream car if I had 400k to blow on a car :)

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2006
Sacramento, CA
In the near future, I would like a 2015 Mustang GT. Supposedly they will have a lighter curb weight and finally come with a proper independent rear suspension.

Concept rendering.
2015-Mustang-rendering-1024x680.jpg

In the distant future I wouldn't mind a Nissan GT-R. You get a lot of technology and performance in that car for a decent price.

Nissan-GT-R_2014_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
I'd stay away man........I know plenty of people who have a Mas and all of them hate it besides 1.........they are not reliable at all, even under warranty its a pain to keep having to take it back to the dealership to get fixed.

If I can actually afford/buy one, I don't think I would worry reliability because I would have 2 other cars to drive. :D

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'll be needing a car soon and being a student and all, this might fit the bill (or it might not... but it's not that far from reach considering the somewhat poor resale value :p). Don't really care for year/color but basically an S60 that's not the newest one.

3958364_1.jpg

Bit concerned on what the maintenance will be like, and the apparently poor turning radius. But the actual car - I like it.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Audi R8
audi-r8-on-modulare-wheels-photo-gallery_2.jpg

Porsche 997
Porsche-997-Turbo-003.jpg

Just got a 3 series. Plan is to keep this until near the end of warranty, add a SUV in a year or two as a back up car. Thinking older Range Rover. Then get one of above as a daily nice weather driver.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
If I can actually afford/buy one, I don't think I would worry reliability because I would have 2 other cars to drive. :D

Yeah, but its still annoying to always have to take it to a dealership to get serviced, its more inconvenience than cost!!!

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
Awesome. What kind of numbers are you pulling?

It's about 275hp, and with me (175lbs) custom sub box/stereo and half a tank of gas its just at 3000lbs (scale sheet states 3001LBS) So the power to weight is quite a bit better than an E46 M3 which makes me happy enough. I have pics in a few of the post your car threads. It's built as a comfortable HPDE/AutoX toy. The ladies dislike it, I have yet to drink coffee in it without spilling on myself.

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Happy wife, happy life!!! :D

Will probably pick 1 of these up in the summer. I've always loved Lamborghinis and like how this drives vs a Murc, can't swing an Aventador......but the Aventador would be a dream car if I had 400k to blow on a car :)

Yeaugh! At LEAST get a second generation model! the rear of the first generation Gallardo looks so ugly to me.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Yeaugh! At LEAST get a second generation model! the rear of the first generation Gallardo looks so ugly to me.

Ya, I generally never buy 1st generation of anything as that is where the problems are. Depends what I find, I would be looking at something in the 140k range. 6speed or e-gear doesn't matter to me. All the ones that have big twin turbo set ups go with e-gear now days it seems though, although I doubt I'd modify it much beyond some nice black HRE wheels and exhaust and probably tint it, if it wasn't already.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Realistic: Nissan 350z NISMO-Tuned (Black)

839ef9a7.jpg

Somewhat Realistic, but pretty much impossible as well: Toyota Supra (Preferably 92'-02' models. Apparently, they're making a successor but they'll either a) **** it up or b) turn out like the 2014 GT-R and cost $100k+), but I also dream of the GT-R despite its ever-rising price tag:

041faf59.jpg

dc2b9ae3.jpg

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Realistic: Nissan 350z NISMO-Tuned (Black)

Somewhat Realistic, but pretty much impossible as well: Toyota Supra (Preferably 92'-02' models. Apparently, they're making a successor but they'll either a) **** it up or b) turn out like the 2014 GT-R and cost $100k+), but I also dream of the GT-R despite its ever-rising price tag:

I'm assuming you mean the MKIV which state side was sold in model years 93.5-98......92 was the last year of the MKIII which is ugly as sin.......the 99-02 models were overseas only and have fun with getting 1 of those here not to mention how annoying RHD is. I've driven a R34 and R33 GTR and do you have any idea how much it sucks trying to just do a taco bell run????? :D

Also, there is a whole thread on supraforums about a possible successor, not super likely at this point.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I'll be needing a car soon and being a student and all, this might fit the bill (or it might not... but it's not that far from reach considering the somewhat poor resale value :p). Don't really care for year/color but basically an S60 that's not the newest one.

Bit concerned on what the maintenance will be like, and the apparently poor turning radius. But the actual car - I like it.

I'm a student (2nd year undergrad) and I drive a 2001 S80! I'm not sure if it's any different, but the turning radius isn't the greatest. I usually have to do 3 point turns to get into a parking space. Maintenance is quite easy to do, stuff isn't hidden in obscure places or hard to get into. I like the design/styling and especially the rear.

Todd H

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2002
Eastman, Georgia
I like the wheels

Good job on the Jeep

Thanks. Just bought it last week and am in the process of de-chroming it. Getting rid of all the extraneous chrome that the previous owner installed. Already removed the chrome grill inserts. Ordered some new black bumpers and side rails as well.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Thanks. Just bought it last week and am in the process of de-chroming it. Getting rid of all the extraneous chrome that the previous owner installed. Already removed the chrome grill inserts. Ordered some new black bumpers and side rails as well.

Thats what I didn't like about it ;)

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I'm assuming you mean the MKIV which state side was sold in model years 93.5-98......92 was the last year of the MKIII which is ugly as sin.......the 99-02 models were overseas only and have fun with getting 1 of those here not to mention how annoying RHD is. I've driven a R34 and R33 GTR and do you have any idea how much it sucks trying to just do a taco bell run????? :D

Also, there is a whole thread on supraforums about a possible successor, not super likely at this point.
http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20121101-380919.html/
Mr Tada explains with a smile: "The president (Akio Toyoda) has asked me to make a successor to the Supra as soon as possible." The chief engineer was speaking in Germany at the recent launch of the Toyota 86 Experience to highlight the model's sporty abilities.

Where do you live that has R33's and 34's?

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.